• Fri Jan, 24 @ 09:26 AM (pacific)
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: This is the old board, what are you doing here?!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Go! Go! Go!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Author Topic: iRacing League Discussion  (Read 19468 times)

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
Re: iRacing League Discussion
« Reply #150 on: Wed Nov, 21 @ 03:05 PM (pacific) »
Think I've got my G25 dialed in with ffb and the minimum force setting. A problem I'm currently having is just simply not feeling over/under steer, at all. Granted the only car I've driven is the MX-5 Cup Car, but it seems to oversteer under braking or lift, and understeer under throttle. The problem is I don't feel that transition in force feedback. I have played alot of GTR2 and the feedback is amazing in that game and even GT5 isn't so bad in terms of over/under steer feel. So I just need to get used to the iRacing physics I suppose.

The dynamics of the car you describe are of course exactly correct for a properly balanced car.

As far as FFB, it is quite the opposite for me. The physics/graphical engine is really very different than any other game I have played so it took me a long while before it clicked with me, but now it feels just right. I am pretty sure I felt break away transitions right off though...

How strong are you setting the FFB via the driver and in-game? Is it possible that you have it set too high and it is clipping?
Alex T @ iRacing http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=76831

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." -- Juan Manuel Fangio

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #151 on: Wed Nov, 21 @ 05:08 PM (pacific) »
Yes the mx-5 is all about carrying speed in Iracing.  No sudden inputs really work in that car.

Don't think I am going to make it too the race tonight,  Neil Young concert took quite a bit outta me last night.  The. I had a lllooong day at work.  I will try and run some laps for a bit.

Anyone going to do any racing this weekend, maybe Friday night?

I'm sick of following my dreams.  I am just going to ask them where there goin', and hook up with them later. -  Mitch Hedburg

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #152 on: Wed Nov, 21 @ 05:37 PM (pacific) »
I'm just on my way home now but I will be at the session. I'm sure I'll be around other days this weekend for iRacing but not sure exactly which. How was the show?
Alex T @ iRacing http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=76831

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." -- Juan Manuel Fangio

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #153 on: Thu Nov, 22 @ 07:27 AM (pacific) »
Show was pretty good but you have to be a Niel Young fan to have enjoyed this one.  Luckily  I am.  He made every song last about 20 minutes full of feedback and reverb. He has to be one of the loudest 67 year olds on the planet.  I forgot to wear ear plugs and I was hurting the next day.  He did do a couple of accoustic songs (needle and the damage done and a newer one).

It was a fun show, I went with 8 people that where with me the first time I seen him live in the 80's.

I'm sick of following my dreams.  I am just going to ask them where there goin', and hook up with them later. -  Mitch Hedburg

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #154 on: Thu Nov, 22 @ 08:02 AM (pacific) »
That sounds cool, glad you had a good time. I sort of wondered how loud he was these days. Last time I noticed him was the Year of the Horse movie...

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #155 on: Mon Mar, 11 @ 10:46 AM (pacific) »
I was doing a little reading on the SR system on the forum. I found this pretty interesting and figured you guys would too.

- When you run off track for what would normally be a 1x, it won't be an incident if you manage to reduce your speed to below 30mph/50kph before going off track. This can be especially handy when the track in front of you is blocked by spun/crashed cars. (Thanks Michael!)

"If you ain't first, you're last"--Reese Bobby