• Thu Dec, 12 @ 12:25 AM (pacific)
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: This is the old board, what are you doing here?!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Go! Go! Go!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Author Topic: (Discussion) Series GT  (Read 18036 times)

agentorunge

• Global Moderator
  • Molybdenum
Re: Series GT Discussion (New Series)
« Reply #15 on: Thu Jul, 19 @ 01:56 PM (pacific) »
Very well put Racecar. Tire wear should also be taken into consideration with the length of the races we will be running. So far from what I could tell:

GT300:
Subaru - Wears the fronts more or evenly? Haven't tested enough
RX-7 - Wears the fronts slightly faster
Lexus - Wears fairly evenly, I would say "safest" car with worn tires
Garaiya - Wears the rears, dangerous with worn tires

GT500
NSX - Wears the rears, very risky with worn tires
Lexus - Not sure, you guys test, probably safe with worn tires
Nissan - Very even tire wear, very safe and balanced with worn tires
Supra - Same as Lexus if you ask me

thekody268

• KODY 268
  • Graphene
  • His name was Robert paulsing.
« Reply #16 on: Thu Jul, 19 @ 05:19 PM (pacific) »
idk why but i seem to chose the hardest cars to drive. the garayia and the raybrig lol.
"If you do not try for a line that does exist your not a racing driver"  -Ayrton Senna-

Delta795

• Titanium
  • Don't you know who I am?
« Reply #17 on: Fri Jul, 20 @ 05:50 AM (pacific) »
I did some testing with the Denso, Arta NSX, Cusco & Garaiya last night on Tsukuba.  I have to say I was surprised that the Lexus was turning faster laps than the NSX.  Granted it's a short course but very windy and technical.  I'll have to do some testing on my normal "test track" Deep Forest.  Tonight I'll work on the WeddSport Lexus and the GT-R's

Just an off the wall question though...why only premiums?  Not that any of the GT300 / 500 are much faster than another, just would give a bit more variety in car choice.  Still a great pick for series!

Racer2727

• Titanium
« Reply #18 on: Fri Jul, 20 @ 06:38 AM (pacific) »
I am leaning toward the safe, stable cars to battle with considering the heavy damage and tire wear. Testing incomplete as of yet.

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #19 on: Fri Jul, 20 @ 07:18 AM (pacific) »
From the research I have done, most of the Super GT leagues stick to premium only. The best explanation I found was that the older cars (standards) do have a little edge. As the newer cars came, restrictions were tightened up and the cars became more even.

And it saves a ton of time. We would have to collect each standard car, and work the tune out to be even. That would take a while. And if there is a standard car that is better, everyone may not have it, and you can't just swing by the dealer and pick one up.

Basically, the cars we have selected are very even and available to everyone in the dealership. You only have to test 4 cars for each class. And it really comes down to which one fits you best. This series will be all about driver skill, because the cars are almost dead even.
"If you ain't first, you're last"--Reese Bobby

dragon81567

• Molybdenum
« Reply #20 on: Fri Jul, 20 @ 12:09 PM (pacific) »
Great job on new series to all involved it looks like it will be close racing.    P.S. are lounges staying same or how will that work ? do we have enough racers for 2 lounges still.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"  -Mario Andretti-

Racer2727

• Titanium
« Reply #21 on: Fri Jul, 20 @ 12:59 PM (pacific) »
I am noticing a slight difference in performance after getting a few cars broken in: 300 class RX7 comes in a 337 BHP (not 335) and 534PP (not 533).  In the 500 class my Lexus comes in at 538BHP (not 535) and 612PP (Not 617). 

The 300 Subi, 500 Supra & GTR came in exactly after break in. (still working on breaking the 300 Lexus in)

Any idea why there is the variance in performance numbers??

I obviously want to be with in the regs when racing.

thekody268

• KODY 268
  • Graphene
« Reply #22 on: Fri Jul, 20 @ 03:03 PM (pacific) »
    I ran with trans and madison last night and i love that garaya. On deep forest i noticed it liked to be pushed threw the corner like an f1. The faster you go the better it would turn. It gets really slick on about half tire but a bit of rear camber seemed to fix that nicly. Like you guys said it wears the rears a bit more and im still working on tring to even out the wear but all i can seem to find to fix it is a little lighter right foot. But overall im confident in the garaya.
    I started to run the raybrig and it was great but somthing odd happened, i decidex to try the takata dome even though i had no stage 3 engine mod. It was down about onehundred bhp but i was able to run almost the same laptime as the raybrig. Both cars were about 3the seconds slower than the corvette but drive similarly.

Just my 2 cent but im really interested what other s think about the cars and the cars im running.
ps. This has not been checked for grammer errors and spelling errors. My phone somtimes puts random words and letters but you guys arnt dumb ao i know you can figure it out. Lol
"If you do not try for a line that does exist your not a racing driver"  -Ayrton Senna-

Delta795

• Titanium
  • Don't you know who I am?
« Reply #23 on: Fri Jul, 20 @ 03:39 PM (pacific) »
Takata has always been the fastest of the NSX premiums, minus the Mobil 1.  I have ran in a few GT500 leagues and it's always the Arta or the Takata (unless you can use standards)

madison91418

• Steel
  • The one you love to hate.
« Reply #24 on: Sat Jul, 21 @ 01:07 PM (pacific) »
Why only premium, my standard cars are so much better...
The one you love to hate.

thekody268

• KODY 268
  • Graphene
« Reply #25 on: Sat Jul, 21 @ 04:16 PM (pacific) »
Yeah we coverd that already lol. To complicated. Plus my lmp's are faster to but what does that matter as long as they are all similar who cares.

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #26 on: Sun Jul, 22 @ 12:56 AM (pacific) »
Tried out the GT300s tonight.

Subaru - Did not try.

Garaiya - Feels slippery but actually just as fast as the others. At first it felt unpredictable but as i got to know it better I felt more confident with it. It does seem like it will eat tires - but I didn't actually test that. If we were doing shorter races I would probably use it.

Wedsport - I didn't think I would like it but it is actually nice. When the back ends gets out it is easy to correct - easier than the Garaiya anyway. I'd have no problem using this one.

Aspardrink - Rev-tastic, just when you think it is time to shift, you get a little bit more. Love the sound of the idle. Handling feels quick and sharp. I'll take it.
Alex T @ iRacing http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=76831

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." -- Juan Manuel Fangio

gfacter

• Carbon Fibre
« Reply #27 on: Sun Jul, 22 @ 08:32 AM (pacific) »
I tried out the Lexus Denso at SPA in one of the seasonal's. It was somewhat docile and easy to drive, ran a 2:15 which I think is faster than the ZR1 lap times?

I also ran the Cusco at another event, maybe a little push in a few places.

Haven't tested online physics yet.

Mudd

• Molybdenum
« Reply #28 on: Sun Jul, 22 @ 10:32 AM (pacific) »
I've found that using 'race hards' in the seasonals very closely resembles the 'race softs' online. That's actually been a practice/tuning method of mine for some time.

GTMail

« Reply #29 on: Sun Jul, 22 @ 01:49 PM (pacific) »
I'll give this a try as I never driven or tuned any type of Super GT. Being those are the curcumstances, NSX it is! Subaru or the Garablabla(or however it's spelled) because they look cool.  :D