• Fri Jan, 24 @ 08:21 AM (pacific)
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: This is the old board, what are you doing here?!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Go! Go! Go!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Author Topic: Series 8 Discussion - Feb.26 to May 6th 2012  (Read 7892 times)

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
Re: Series 8 Discussion
« Reply #15 on: Wed Apr, 18 @ 05:35 PM (pacific) »
Agent-- GSX-R or '96 Lotus Elise RM for C

Old Jag or Ford Mark 4 for A.

My lounge has been running right on the edge of full. As long as we have an open spot, we'll get you in.

Unfortunately, if everyone shows (which I don't think they will) we will be out of room. The numbers have had a drastic increase here lately, and we will probably be looking to split leagues here again real soon.

Glad to see you back around Agent. I hope a couple more ppl resurface.
"If you ain't first, you're last"--Reese Bobby

agentorunge

• Global Moderator
  • Molybdenum
« Reply #16 on: Thu Apr, 19 @ 02:57 PM (pacific) »
Thanks Racecar. If I'm looking at the schedule correctly from the original site, this weekends track is rome reverse? I'm not exactly sure I'll make the race, since Sunday evenings isn't actually a good night for me, reason why I haven't been racing, but I'd like to try to make it.

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #17 on: Fri Apr, 20 @ 05:23 AM (pacific) »
Yes sir, Rome Reverse.  And we will more than likely have room.  We have yet to have a week where everyone shows up.

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #18 on: Mon Apr, 23 @ 06:42 AM (pacific) »
Rough night of racing on my end.

Class C was ok, could not catch GT0 to get on the podium. Good run by kody and GT0.

Class B, got caught in the fustercluck for the second week. I think coming from the fast C class, it just takes a lap or two to get settled in with those Ferrari's. We have had issues getting them going.

Class A started out really well. Everyone spread out and got going really well. Worked my way into the lead by lap 7. Did not take on any damage, went in for tires on lap 9. Tires changed, pulling out from pit stall, and "disconnected from lobby server". awesome. ::)

Congrats to all the victors last night. On to High Speed Ring!

Only 1 race left until The Championship. Top 10 in points qualify for final.

gfacter

• Carbon Fibre
« Reply #19 on: Mon Apr, 23 @ 06:57 AM (pacific) »
fustercluck is right.

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #20 on: Mon Apr, 23 @ 07:05 AM (pacific) »

I was sitting back in B class cause I knew that was going to happen, especially at that little kink left hander.  It turns our I magically made it through the smoke with a lot of brakes and blind steering (LUCK)to get out.  In the end I was saving my tires too much to make a run at dragon and Delta, they pulled to far away from me.

A-class was typical for me in that I sustained damage on lap 2 and my 1 stop strategy quickly turned into a 2 stopper.  I am not sure the 1 stop would have been a good strategy in the end.  I think at least one person went out with the 1 stop strategy and the tires died on them.

I'm sick of following my dreams.  I am just going to ask them where there goin', and hook up with them later. -  Mitch Hedburg

gfacter

• Carbon Fibre
« Reply #21 on: Mon Apr, 23 @ 07:32 AM (pacific) »
A class I got a good start (since I sucked in B) was running 3rd and 4th early on, nobody except for Racecar could really get close to pass.

I clipped a wall and got a little damage ran 2 laps that way and pitted around lap 9 or 10.

I was back up to 4th I thin, but was hit hard in the rear, 2 broken shocks and a damaged engine. The car was driveable but real slow I held on till lap 18 then pitted by then I just lost too much time.

The fustercluck turn in B got me and also at the start in C, didn't get damage in C but lost a ton of momentum going up the hill that was enough to pull me away from the leaders.

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #22 on: Mon Apr, 23 @ 08:20 AM (pacific) »
I finally got some practice in for a race and it paid off. Really I spent about 100 laps in my 2D getting to know the track and tuning the car. All the time I was doing that I was thinking, this race is going to come down to luck and accident avoidance. Yep.

I was happy to do so well in Class C. Getting the pole was exciting considering how I have been doing the last few months. Made a few minor mistakes and was just not as consistently fast as I needed to be.

Class B was, well Class B and I got caught in the kink crash. I don't know how it was for others, I was experiencing some lag and stuttering there. Coming up on smoke and wrecking cars I had an opening except then magically I was hung up on another car. That was a bit annoying.

I think it was in this race that racecar bumped me. From my point of view it was like an aggressive pass and it threw me off a little nut really just par for the course. :)

Class A was going great...

I pitted on 10 or 11 and on the next lap had a bad accident by hitting a sideways car (kody?) through the kink iirc. I had to pit again and then on that next lap tapped a wall which caused minor damage that I drove with for 10 more laps. That added up to a few lost places but that's racing.

Sorry for pulling out in front of you from the pits Clip. Glad you made it around.

A rough night of racing all around but I hope most had fun. I sure did. I'll be missing from the HSR next week since I'll be away. Testing on it last night was not fun for me, so I'm not too sad about it.
Alex T @ iRacing http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=76831

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." -- Juan Manuel Fangio

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #23 on: Mon Apr, 23 @ 08:33 AM (pacific) »
GT0-- There was a small spot to pass, and after I got beside you, I thought it was probably a little aggressive also.

From my view, we may have bumped door handles a little bit, and that's why I wanted to make sure I didn't knock you off your line.

I really didn't expect to go for the pass there, you broke a little earlier than I did and boom! we were side by side. I didn't want you to think I was just running you off the track, you know that's not how I race.

And congrats on your C Class podium. I was running it trying to catch you, you were gettin it!

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #24 on: Mon Apr, 23 @ 08:37 AM (pacific) »
Oh I know you don't want me to think that you were trying to run me off. But don't think that I don't know that you think by making me think that I don't know the truth!
Alex T @ iRacing http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=76831

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." -- Juan Manuel Fangio

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #25 on: Mon Apr, 23 @ 08:43 AM (pacific) »
Oh I know you don't want me to think that you were trying to run me off. But don't think that I don't know that you think by making me think that I don't know the truth!

Hahaha......what were we talking about again??? ??? :P

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #26 on: Mon Apr, 23 @ 09:05 AM (pacific) »

this hurts my head!
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I am just going to ask them where there goin', and hook up with them later. -  Mitch Hedburg

gfacter

• Carbon Fibre
« Reply #27 on: Mon Apr, 23 @ 09:07 AM (pacific) »
Racecar put a good move on me down into turn one, it was slightly risky but well done. I had to open up my line to avoid turning in on you and almost clipped the wall at the exit.

gfacter

• Carbon Fibre
« Reply #28 on: Mon Apr, 23 @ 12:04 PM (pacific) »
Is anyone else tired the next day after racing? Or is it just me?  When at the real track all day I am just as tired the next day,

I think the 3 screens are having a effect as well, maybe too much information to process?

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #29 on: Mon Apr, 23 @ 12:34 PM (pacific) »
Gfacter,  that's the same move I had had put on GT0 the race before that we were talking about.

I was actually just as surprised when you broke earlier than me, but I knew I could get through because of the previous race. I wish  I would not have gotten booted, would have liked to see the replay on that. It happened very quickly, and thank you for not turning in on me. It was a sweet pass.

And yes, I am usually exhausted after racing. But maybe I'm just really into it.