• Sat Dec, 7 @ 08:54 PM (pacific)
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: This is the old board, what are you doing here?!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Go! Go! Go!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Author Topic: Series 8 Discussion - Feb.26 to May 6th 2012  (Read 7687 times)

dshsteeler7

• Please ban me!
  • Aluminum
Re: Series 8 Discussion
« Reply #30 on: Mon Apr, 23 @ 12:45 PM (pacific) »
My sincerest apologies to all for causing the fustercluck you've referred to. Hopefully I didn't screw anyone up too badly. I'd be happy to give y'all the points I was awarded in the B Class race but.... It's hard to share nothing :-[

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #31 on: Mon Apr, 23 @ 01:35 PM (pacific) »
I think the 3 screens are having a effect as well, maybe too much information to process?

Yes, that is the problem. I've read that triple setups can cause nerve damage and I will allow you to ship the setup to me at your cost.
Alex T @ iRacing http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=76831

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." -- Juan Manuel Fangio

Delta795

• Titanium
  • Don't you know who I am?
« Reply #32 on: Mon Apr, 23 @ 01:48 PM (pacific) »
Great night of racing! As most have said, that switchback on turn 4 is a KILLER.  Everyone was so intent to run clean on turn 1, but I think after talking to a few after the race that being "pulled in" to someones draft caused the most issues.

I do want to apologize to Gfacter, I think we traded paint for the better part of a lap with the classics.  Although it never wrecked or damaged us (as far as I could tell) there was some definite rubbing trying to out corner each other. 

I'm just happy that I'm not embarrassing myself with a new group of racers.  Ya'll are a blast to race with.

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #33 on: Mon Apr, 23 @ 01:55 PM (pacific) »
It's all good steeler. I have viewed the replay. You pushed a little hard through the kink to the left leaving you on the wall on the right. Mudd bounced off of you, and the next 3 cars behind you all piled in. They would have been on the wall if you weren't there.

So, it wasn't so much you directly, it just set off a chain reaction.

Watching the replay, when you see all the 430's coming down that straight to the kink, it looks like 8 pounds of chit getting stuffed in a 5 pound bag. You could see it was coming and it wasn't going to be pretty.

We were all new at 1 point steeler, just try to learn and move on. :)
"If you ain't first, you're last"--Reese Bobby

gfacter

• Carbon Fibre
« Reply #34 on: Mon Apr, 23 @ 01:59 PM (pacific) »
I think the 3 screens are having a effect as well, maybe too much information to process?

Yes, that is the problem. I've read that triple setups can cause nerve damage and I will allow you to ship the setup to me at your cost.

I think it causes ADD too and Tourette's syndrome too.

gfacter

• Carbon Fibre
« Reply #35 on: Mon Apr, 23 @ 02:04 PM (pacific) »
Great night of racing! As most have said, that switchback on turn 4 is a KILLER.  Everyone was so intent to run clean on turn 1, but I think after talking to a few after the race that being "pulled in" to someones draft caused the most issues.

I do want to apologize to Gfacter, I think we traded paint for the better part of a lap with the classics.  Although it never wrecked or damaged us (as far as I could tell) there was some definite rubbing trying to out corner each other. 

I'm just happy that I'm not embarrassing myself with a new group of racers.  Ya'll are a blast to race with.

No worries Delta that was clean hard racing, once you got your front wheel at my door I had to give up the corner.

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #36 on: Mon Apr, 23 @ 03:07 PM (pacific) »

I think it causes ADD too and Tourette's syndrome too.
[/quote]

I think this^ is true for sure. :)
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I am just going to ask them where there goin', and hook up with them later. -  Mitch Hedburg

Mudd

• Molybdenum
« Reply #37 on: Mon Apr, 23 @ 04:24 PM (pacific) »
It's all good steeler. I have viewed the replay. You pushed a little hard through the kink to the left leaving you on the wall on the right. Mudd bounced off of you, and the next 3 cars behind you all piled in. They would have been on the wall if you weren't there.

I agree, it was good racing Steeler. I got caught on that corner once or twice as well. Very hard to judge it there when you've got cars in front and behind you just a few feet away. Plus, I was pushing and planning on being right up against that same wall, I should have lifted more and left room for someone to be there since it was so early in the race. I bet we're both gonna be ready for that one next time. Lol

gfacter

• Carbon Fibre
« Reply #38 on: Tue Apr, 24 @ 03:56 AM (pacific) »
Some pics are up

Gallery here http://gfacter.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Series-8-Rome-Reverse/22603493_nCbzfb

Get off the $#&$$ wall you Piece of %#$#

Clusterfoxtrot

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #39 on: Tue Apr, 24 @ 04:53 AM (pacific) »
Awesome as usual G!

I've noticed we have alot more racers using "chromes" and "color shifts". They look really good.

Delta795

• Titanium
  • Don't you know who I am?
« Reply #40 on: Tue Apr, 24 @ 11:40 AM (pacific) »
Great pics.  That gold chrome is sexy, someone has really good taste ;D

gfacter

• Carbon Fibre
« Reply #41 on: Tue Apr, 24 @ 11:42 AM (pacific) »
The reflections are cool.

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #42 on: Wed Apr, 25 @ 08:38 AM (pacific) »
1 Race left until Championship.

Top 10 in points qualify for Final Race.

Good luck. Looks like lots of action in the middle of the points race.

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #43 on: Wed Apr, 25 @ 08:40 AM (pacific) »
I'll be out for the next race and will have had no time for practice for the final :)
Alex T @ iRacing http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=76831

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." -- Juan Manuel Fangio

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #44 on: Wed Apr, 25 @ 08:47 AM (pacific) »
Guess I won't be chasing you this week!