• Sun Jan, 19 @ 03:17 AM (pacific)
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: This is the old board, what are you doing here?!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Go! Go! Go!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Author Topic: Series 8 Discussion - Feb.26 to May 6th 2012  (Read 7875 times)

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
Series 8 Discussion - Feb.26 to May 6th 2012
« on: Mon Apr, 16 @ 05:38 AM (pacific) »
(I'll fix formatting later)

Dates Run: Feb.26 to May 6th 2012 @ 9PM EST

"SERIES 8 TO COMMEMORATE 1 YEAR OF LZRACING, WE WILL BE RUNNING A SERIES OF CLASSES FROM THE PREVIOUS YEAR"

SERIES POINTS FINAL RESULTS

CHAMPIONSHIP @ GRAND VALLEY SPEEDWAY

C (8 laps)    B (12 laps)    A (20 laps)    Total Points
Clipless72    100    100    90    290
Thekody268    80    90    80    250
Madison91418    90    60    40    190
Mudd    60    40    70    170
Racecar73    PSN'ed    70    100    170
GT0 ALT    50    50    50    150
Delta795    70    20    60    150
Gfacter    PSN'ed    80    30    110
Dragon    40    30    20    90
8 steeler    30    10    10    50

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Date                                Track                                 Miles                                C Class                               B Class                                  A Class

Feb.26                            Tsukuba                              1.27                                       14                                       20                                             44
Mar.11                         Suzuka East                          1.39                                       12                                       18                                             40
Mar.18       Clubman Stage Rte 5 Reverse           1.53                                       11                                       16                                             36
Mar.25                  Cape Ring Inside                         1.54                                       11                                       16                                             36
Apr.1                 Autumn Ring Reverse                   1.83                                        10                                       14                                             30
Apr.8      No Event              Happy Easter                    No Event                 Happy Easter                    No Event                    Happy Easter
Apr.15                  Grand Valley East                       1.86                                        9                                        14                                             30
Apr.22                  Rome Reverse                             2.16                                       8                                         12                                            26
Apr.29                High Speed Ring                           2.49                                       7                                          10                                            22

Regulations

Penalties – Off
Damage – Light
Slipstream – Weak
Boost – Off

Race Settings
Grip – Real
SRF – Off
All other Aids allowed if you wish to use them.

Qualifying
There will be a 10 minute qualifying session before each night. Class C car will be utilized for qualifying.

Race Start
The first race of the night will be “Fastest First” based on qualifying. Class A and B races will be “reverse based on previous results”.

Scoring
The weekly race result scores will remain the same from 100 to 10 points.

Class C: Ultra Lite - From Series 1
MAX HP:  197 Hp
MIN KG: 620 Kg
TIRES: Racing Hard

This class is open to all Race Cars, Race Mods and Concepts. If it fits in the specs you can run it.

Class B: Spec - From Series 4 And 7
REQUIRED CAR: ’07 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
MAX HP: 488 Hp (Stock)
MIN KG: 1350 Kg (Stock)
TIRES: Racing Mediums
The power and weight must remain stock on this car. You cannot add Hp and limit it down. You cannot lighten and add ballast. All other tuning (drivetrain, tranny, suspension) is allowed. Please change the paint from its stock red.

Class A: Historic Race Cars - From Series 3
REQUIREMENTS: 1970 and earlier Race Cars and Race Mods Only
PP: 600
TIRES: Unrestricted

HEAVY DAMAGE: These are racing classics, and we will treat them as such. Nobody wrecks these 20 million dollar dream machines.

The Chapparal 2J cannot be used for this class due to its ability to hold grip under pretty much any circumstance. Since all drivers may not have this vehicle it has been banned.

This class is for Race Cars only. No concepts allowed. These races will be a little longer than the others and incorporate a rolling start and optional pit stop. Upon race start, the drivers will conduct a parade lap without changing positions. The race will start when the first driver crosses the start/finish line. The pit stop is not mandatory, and can be taken whenever you wish after race start.

Final Series Points
Clipless72   2170
Racecar73   1690
Mudd   1250
Gfacter   1090
GT0 ALT   950
Dragon   890
Thekody268   780
steeler   700
Madison91418   690
Delta795   580
Teelo   570
Racer2727   550
Crazy Bassist   490
Morbid Reaper   290
Pnasty420   270

-- Original First Post ---------------------------------------
Time for some feed back for Series 8 fellas! For this series, we are goin to run 3 classes that we have run this past year to celebrate an awesome year of racing. If you have been here for a couple series, please leave feedback on which classes were your favorites.

I would like to get the Old Jag back out for the Historic A Class.

Any B class in which I can run a 458 is good for me! I also really liked the Low Powered Race Cars. That was fun.

For C class I liked the Ultra Lite. Lotus (Lotii?) and Suzukis!

This is NOT the schedule. Just my favs. Please leave a post with your input.
And GT0–We are keeping the Formula GT idea for the next series. That’s gonna be fun!

Ok Fellas, Here is what I’m thinking. Still a work in progress…….

C Class–Ultra Lite Fight!! From Series 1
Hp 197
Kg 620
Race Hard Tires
Open to all Race Cars, Race Mods, and Concepts. No holds barred!

B Class Spec. We have run many different Specs, thought we should shake it up a little and go with B class.
’07 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Hp 488 (stock)
Kg 1350 (stock)
MUST leave the power and weight alone. No, you cannot add power and limit it down.No, you may not lighten it and add ballast. The power and weight need to remain stock.
All other tuning allowed, must change the color from its stock red.(So the pics look good!)
Race Mediums
Using the same car for the whole series. I don’t want everybody to have to tune a car every week.
Up around that hp, we need tuning or it will get ugly!

A Class Historic Race Cars from Series 3
PP 600
Race Softs
’70 and earlier Race Cars and Race Mods **No 2J. You knew it was coming!**
Heavy Damage. Nobody wrecks these 20 million dollar beauties!

So, C class from Series 1, B class to represent spec classes from 4 and 7, and A class from Series 3.
Little bit of old, little bit different. And we will try to shake up the track selection a little bit this time. We haven’t even started working on that yet, lol.
« Last Edit: Tue May, 8 @ 03:34 PM (pacific) by GT0 (Alex) »
"If you ain't first, you're last"--Reese Bobby

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
Re: Series 8 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: Mon Apr, 16 @ 05:39 AM (pacific) »
Lets move the discussion over here.

Clipless72

• Señor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #2 on: Mon Apr, 16 @ 07:57 AM (pacific) »
ok

last night was quite an interesting evening.  I got away in C class  8) and managed to stay ahead while others battled behind me.  This worked to my advantage as I didn't have to drive as hard to stay ahead.

B class was interesting to watch as there was sooo much bumping in that first turn.  I think people have to be a bit more patient when we are bunched up unless you have a line that you know you can hold and you know the driver beside you can hold.  Other then that I didn't see much else of any consequence in that race.  There wasn't anywhere to pass on that track so we couldn't make any time on Racer.  That is the beauty of being out front and getting to drive your own line.

C Class was the most interesting of all for me.  I got absolutely destroyed  :( in first turn on the second lap and had a red car.  This is the same corner that the B-class bumping happened.  So I went from a 2 stop strategy to a 3 stop which didnt work our great but I managed to run my way up to 6th and still had fun.

I think the moral of this weeks story is  "be patient" in the long races when you can.

Great job with a nearly full field.

Clip.
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I am just going to ask them where there goin', and hook up with them later. -  Mitch Hedburg

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #3 on: Mon Apr, 16 @ 09:46 AM (pacific) »
I think I raced a bit better last night than recently but mainly it was the lack of racing incidents which made the difference for me. I got some damage on lap 3 of Class A but decided to just run with it a while before pitting.

All in all a fun night of racing. Pretty cool having a full room. We had some recent join requests so we might have a few additional racers soon.
Alex T @ iRacing http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=76831

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." -- Juan Manuel Fangio

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #4 on: Mon Apr, 16 @ 09:50 AM (pacific) »
Great podium finish GT0!

We are full in my lounge. With having more requests, a second lounge is quickly becoming a reality.

Thank you to all the members who have been recruiting on behalf of LZRacing.

I know Dragon has brought quite a few in here lately.

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #5 on: Mon Apr, 16 @ 09:54 AM (pacific) »
I know Dragon has brought quite a few in here lately.

I do generally try to blame him.  :D
Alex T @ iRacing http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=76831

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." -- Juan Manuel Fangio

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #6 on: Mon Apr, 16 @ 10:41 AM (pacific) »
And, I completely agree Clip. It was a little sloppy last night. I am hoping it was due to full lounge and some anxious new members. I believe it will calm back down.

It takes a minute to adjust driving in a pack and being patient.
« Last Edit: Mon Apr, 16 @ 10:43 AM (pacific) by racecar73 »

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #7 on: Mon Apr, 16 @ 11:02 AM (pacific) »
I got smacked in practice a few times so I was worry about the race. However, from my point of view it was some of the cleanest racing of the series...

I did see a big turn 1 mess in Class B, but I figured they were just 430s so who cares.  :-*

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #8 on: Mon Apr, 16 @ 11:28 AM (pacific) »
Agent, you just posted in the other forum, as you can see we are actually in the middle of changing over to here.

I hope you see this. We still race every Sunday. We have had a flood of new members here lately and will probably be looking to split into 2 leagues again here real soon.

gfacter

• Carbon Fibre
« Reply #9 on: Tue Apr, 17 @ 05:52 PM (pacific) »
A Pics

Gallery here http://gfacter.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Series-8-Grand-Valley-East-A/22504022_CpM8Vf

I noticed some weird stuff when taking some photos. That is not the pit lane.

WTF?

Clip, hook a brother up.

Here I am losing a spot on the Podium with 3 laps left

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #10 on: Tue Apr, 17 @ 06:13 PM (pacific) »
Who let their pit crew onto the front straight??????? ??? ??? ???

That's hilarious.

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #11 on: Tue Apr, 17 @ 09:38 PM (pacific) »
Great work as always.

agentorunge

• Global Moderator
  • Molybdenum
« Reply #12 on: Wed Apr, 18 @ 01:52 PM (pacific) »
Can somebody help me out with the cars to use for Class A and C. Like a quick list of fast cars that compete. Hope to make Sundays race. Believe its at 6pm Pacific?

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #13 on: Wed Apr, 18 @ 02:44 PM (pacific) »
Can somebody help me out with the cars to use for Class A and C. Like a quick list of fast cars that compete. Hope to make Sundays race. Believe its at 6pm Pacific?

Fiat 500 for Class C and old Jag for Class A.

(no really, GSXR)

Clipless72

• Señor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #14 on: Wed Apr, 18 @ 04:24 PM (pacific) »
those white cars look great!   check your email G!
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I am just going to ask them where there goin', and hook up with them later. -  Mitch Hedburg