• Sat Dec, 7 @ 08:54 PM (pacific)
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: This is the old board, what are you doing here?!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Go! Go! Go!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Author Topic: [Historic] Series 9 Discussion  (Read 24827 times)

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
Re: Series 9 Discussion
« Reply #30 on: Tue May, 8 @ 02:27 PM (pacific) »
hey delta don't forget to get it approved by Racecar 4 seconds is a huge gap.

I'm sick of following my dreams.  I am just going to ask them where there goin', and hook up with them later. -  Mitch Hedburg

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #31 on: Tue May, 8 @ 04:02 PM (pacific) »
Not doubting you Delta, but Clip is the king of low pp cars. Good luck separating from him.

He's Canadian, so if he can drink beer and drive it at the same time he is hard to beat. When he has to his beer down for the faster cars he is vulnerable. :)

If there is any doubt about your car choice, pm me and I will let you know. If you don't want to give it away.

« Last Edit: Tue May, 8 @ 04:06 PM (pacific) by racecar73 »
"If you ain't first, you're last"--Reese Bobby

Mudd

• Molybdenum
« Reply #32 on: Tue May, 8 @ 08:40 PM (pacific) »
Well, I found my best premium hatch, I hope it'll be good enough against the standards. I'm not familiar enough with the smaller cars to be able to search through the 1,000+ standards in my garage. I literally have to open them up individually to look for a hatch.  ::)  Havn't been lucky enough to stumble on to any standards that really stand out. I now completely understand why there is no list, them tiny cars are hiding everywhere! Hopefully I'll catch a couple of you practicing before the weekend so I can see how my choice stacks up.

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #33 on: Tue May, 8 @ 09:05 PM (pacific) »
I'm going to run the Challenger. Not sure what to do with the Mustang and I would rather be dragged behind a car than drive those horrible, terrible camaroes :)

Volvo C30 is my pick. Rabbit r32 felt decent too but I ran the c30 way, way back and would like to try again.

Not sure about class A yet. The zr1 makes an amazingly stupid sound, so I am thinking the Z06 which is a decent car on snow tires.
Alex T @ iRacing http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=76831

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." -- Juan Manuel Fangio

Mudd

• Molybdenum
« Reply #34 on: Wed May, 9 @ 04:26 AM (pacific) »
No problem! I'll be happy to drag your Challenger around behind my Camaro through Series 9, GTO!  ;D

Delta795

• Titanium
  • Don't you know who I am?
« Reply #35 on: Wed May, 9 @ 05:45 AM (pacific) »
Not doubting you Delta, but Clip is the king of low pp cars. Good luck separating from him.

He's Canadian, so if he can drink beer and drive it at the same time he is hard to beat. When he has to his beer down for the faster cars he is vulnerable. :)

If there is any doubt about your car choice, pm me and I will let you know. If you don't want to give it away.

That's awesome!  I know Clip is fast, so I guess I may need to check him into the boards to separate ;D
I was surprised when you said best time last night as that was right at where I was since it wasn't even close on Monday.

Problem with my other car is it's like playing with nun-chucks...80% of the time you're Bruce Lee, crazy fast powerful & a worldbeater. The other 20% you're the fat kid on YouTube hitting yourself in the NUTZ!

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #36 on: Wed May, 9 @ 05:48 AM (pacific) »
I am using a premium hatch Mudd. I always use premium unless there is just a standard that blows everything away. And I did not find one. Clip and I kept trading the fastest lap time back and forth, and we were both in premiums.

I worked through the 3 choices for B. From my testing, all 3 cars will be competitive. I was within a .7 of second of my best time with the other 2. Should be a really competitive class. The sports softs are the main facter in this class. ;D

Anyone complaining about the ZR1 is just impossible to please. That car is an absolute beast. Its fast, light, brakes and handles great. I guess unless you like suck? We could just do the Scuds again. 8)

Delta795

• Titanium
« Reply #37 on: Wed May, 9 @ 05:49 AM (pacific) »
How many we got now?  I know Dead & Trans are both planning on running this series

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #38 on: Wed May, 9 @ 05:53 AM (pacific) »
Liking the hockey references, makes me feel at home delta.  Go leafs g...forget it.

This series looks like fun. 

I just hope we can keep some diversity in the C class.  If someone pulls out a car that is significantly faster then all the rest it could turn into a spec race really fast.

oh did I hear scudz again,  yeah let's do that its and AWESOME car, prolly the best handling car n the game.  I don't know why Kaz didn't put it on the cover.
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I am just going to ask them where there goin', and hook up with them later. -  Mitch Hedburg

Delta795

• Titanium
« Reply #39 on: Wed May, 9 @ 06:02 AM (pacific) »
We had 7 or 8 on last night and just about as many different cars.  I love the ZR1's, but last night with a few of the newest guys it was like pinball on that tight course, but I'm sure that will get worked out before race time.

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #40 on: Wed May, 9 @ 06:03 AM (pacific) »
We have 17 officially signed up.

I found 4-5 hatches that were close. I have 1 that is my favorite, but they were close enough to compete. Should keep a good mix.

And I burned that Scud to the ground when we were done. ;)

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #41 on: Wed May, 9 @ 06:07 AM (pacific) »

And I burned that Scud to the ground when we were done. ;)

A sacrifice to the gods of racing, I understand.  Plus you don't sacrifice a crappy car it would only piss them off.  Ever seen an ugly girl get sacrificed in a movie? nope and that why.

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #42 on: Wed May, 9 @ 08:16 AM (pacific) »
Anyone complaining about the ZR1 is just impossible to please. That car is an absolute beast. Its fast, light, brakes and handles great. I guess unless you like suck? We could just do the Scuds again. 8)

Sorry, I didn't know you had a significant hearing impairment. I'll try to be more sensitive in the future.
Alex T @ iRacing http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=76831

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." -- Juan Manuel Fangio

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #43 on: Wed May, 9 @ 08:19 AM (pacific) »
It's more reading comprehension than hearing impairment.  :P

Should have paid attention more in school, then I could read gooder. ;)

Mudd

• Molybdenum
« Reply #44 on: Wed May, 9 @ 08:26 AM (pacific) »
The ZR1 is an excellent race car, but it's had a funny drivetrain sound ever since GT5 release. It actually was much worse originally, that's the "patched" drivetrain noise you hear now. I don't understand why there is such a difference in sound between that and the Z06, maybe overcompensating for the supercharger or something.