• Sat Dec, 7 @ 08:54 PM (pacific)
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: This is the old board, what are you doing here?!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Go! Go! Go!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Author Topic: [Historic] Series 9 Discussion  (Read 24828 times)

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
[Historic] Series 9 Discussion
« on: Mon May, 7 @ 05:31 AM (pacific) »

HOT HATCH
PP:400
Tires:Sports Hard
Must fit the spirit of Hot Hatch. I realize there are certain "coupes" that have a "hatch". (Celica, RX7, etc). Just because it has a hatch does not mean it fits. It needs to be a "Hatch Back" body style. (Twin Spark, Mini, Civic, etc). If you have any questions about your car choice, ask before the series starts.
Production cars only. No race cars, RM's , or concepts. No limit on tuning.
***After you make your choice, you may change cars 1 time during series. Test wisely.***

AMERICAN PONY CAR
PP:500
Tires:Sports Soft
Only 3 cars qualify for this class: '10 Camaro SS, '08 Challenger SRT, '07 Mustang GT
No limit on tuning.
**After you make your choice, no car changes through the series.***

SPEC
Car: '09 Cheverolet ZR1 (C6) RM
HP:690
KG:1100
Tires:Racing Soft
Buy a new Corvette, race mod, paint, put softs on it, limit the engine down a bit and hit the track!  These cars are fast, light, and handle great. No more tuning to power/weight. After Race Mod, these come in at 694 Hp I believe. We will be limiting them to 690Hp the whole series.
We will continue with the longer A race, and heavy damage.

I do not have the whole track schedule ready yet, but the first track will be Deep Forest.

Get Testing and Tuning!!
« Last Edit: Mon May, 7 @ 11:57 AM (pacific) by racecar73 »
"If you ain't first, you're last"--Reese Bobby

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
Re: Series 9 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: Mon May, 7 @ 05:41 AM (pacific) »
This is being reposted as a reminder.

1) The language. There has been an awful lot of swearing going on in the race lounge and it needs to stop. I am by no means offended personally, I can cuss with a sailor. But, some of our members do have other family in the room while racing. I understand racing is intense and emotional, and after a mistake you may want to drop a couple f- bombs, but we need to clean up the room.
I know we have a room full of adults, but please WATCH YOUR MOUTH!!!

2) Excess noise in the head set. There is a mute button on the side of your bluetooth. Please use it.  We dont want to hear your conversations with everybody else. I understand liking race music, I always have tunes on during practice. But, come race time please keep it down so it does not come through the headset. Last night coming through the mono speaker of the headset was like a drill bit in the ear.

3) Patience. More Patience. And yet more Patience. I understand the room was laggy last night. But there is no reason racers should be getting damaged ON THE PARADE LAP. It's a parade lap, back off! There should be a couple of car lengths between every car during the parade lap. Single File. There is no reason to be that close to someone during that lap. That race is so long and filled with adversity, the 10-20 seconds at the beginning of the race it does not matter. Clip and I routinely started at the back of that grid and still finish on the podium.

4) Madison--get a wire on that thing. It should improve connection in the whole room. Please, if possible, get it hooked up before the finals. Thank you. That also applies to anyone else running wireless. Please put a wire on it. And please everyone get in the habit of clearing your cache and power cycling all your routers and modem before we race on Sundays. It should help clear up some issues.

Thank You!

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #2 on: Mon May, 7 @ 05:57 AM (pacific) »
Thank you for the pics G. Greatly appreciated, I know you were crazy tired last night.

Mudd

• Molybdenum
« Reply #3 on: Mon May, 7 @ 07:40 AM (pacific) »
Love the car choices! I don't have a lot of time in the hatchbacks, just enough to know they are fun. The Camaro is my fav IRL and in the game (see mine in pictured in my avatar) and I will be driving that beautiful blue one pictured above. Being a Chevy mechanic, the ZR1 is always a top choice in my book. I'm planning on being a real contender in my two Chevy's this series, be warned!  8)

Edit: Oh, yea, my apologies for letting one slip in the first race last night, another quarter in the swear jar. I did catch myself, though, so at least I'm showing improvement. I'll keep working on that.  ;D
« Last Edit: Mon May, 7 @ 07:56 AM (pacific) by Mudd »

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #4 on: Mon May, 7 @ 10:00 AM (pacific) »
Slips are gonna happen, its an intense game. I think we did fine last night.

Just trying to cut down on the repeated swearing. It was getting excessive.

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #5 on: Mon May, 7 @ 11:49 PM (pacific) »
Tested the cars out a bit tonight. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

The hatch feel really easy till you are flying off the track helplessly.

Glad to see you have to up tune the Mustang - I guess that will give you some options for it. I tried light weight, low power and honestly it didn't do well.

The ZR1 I ran straight out of the tune shop. It felt hard to control but fun. I figured from RM'ing it, it ought to set you up with RHs at least (Race mod = race tires, no?) but actually it comes on SH...! Try it, its fun.
Alex T @ iRacing http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=76831

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." -- Juan Manuel Fangio

gfacter

• Carbon Fibre
« Reply #6 on: Tue May, 8 @ 05:09 AM (pacific) »
My test results didn't pan out on Racecars lounge.

Lots of work to be done.

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #7 on: Tue May, 8 @ 05:58 AM (pacific) »
Agreed G..that hot hatch class is going to take alot of testing, especially because we are only permitted a single car change.  Not sure what I am going with in B class either but it sounds like the mustang may be a bit week.  I have to tune and test some more.
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I am just going to ask them where there goin', and hook up with them later. -  Mitch Hedburg

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #8 on: Tue May, 8 @ 06:24 AM (pacific) »
Through 1 test session.......

C Class:

I have about 4 Hatches that are really close to each other and I believe will be competitive.

B Class:

I put all the parts on and gave it my standard FR tune:

The SRT is in the lead right now. I actually didn't think it would be that nice!

The SS is just as fast, but a little more unstable. Some fine tuning may be ale to get that out of it.

The GT surprised me a little bit. I believe some fine tuning will also make this car competitive.

This B class may be very interesting, I think all the cars can compete.

A Class:
What is there to say besides ZR1? That car is Super Bad Ass.
Put some racing softs on GT0, and hang on!!!

Delta795

• Titanium
  • Don't you know who I am?
« Reply #9 on: Tue May, 8 @ 06:46 AM (pacific) »
Have the courses been picked? I ran with Kody, Dragon and Madison in testing last night and found with some heavy tuning the SS was a bit too skiddish.  What really surprised me was the SRT had the best handling and the GT was the fastest.

Have the courses been picked?  This will definitely effect my hatch back pick...I found a sleeper that was crazy quick in the corners but a bit lacking in top end.

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #10 on: Tue May, 8 @ 07:01 AM (pacific) »
The courses have not been picked yet, but there will be a mixture of all lengths.

First track is Deep Forest.

gfacter

• Carbon Fibre
« Reply #11 on: Tue May, 8 @ 07:23 AM (pacific) »
Is there is list of banned hatchbacks?

What about a Integra Type R?

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #12 on: Tue May, 8 @ 08:08 AM (pacific) »
Hahaha. No list of banned hatches.

I figured everyone knew what a "hatchback" was. ???

The Integra is definitely not a hatch back.

I would just make a list, but there are so many standard models it would take me 2 weeks.

It should look like a small station wagon with a flat back. No coupes or sedans.

gfacter

• Carbon Fibre
« Reply #13 on: Tue May, 8 @ 08:28 AM (pacific) »
 :-\

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Integra

The Honda Integra (sold in some markets as Acura Integra) is a compact luxury performance coupe made by Honda during the years 1985 to 2006. The sporty front-wheel-drive car is able to carry five passengers with two-door hatch or four-door sedan available.

A Civic is a ok hatch then? 

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #14 on: Tue May, 8 @ 08:33 AM (pacific) »
There is a Civic Hatchback ('97). This car qualifies.

There is a Civic Sedan. ('08 I believe). This car does not qualify.

Just because it has a hatch does not make it a "hatch back".  Late 80's Camaros had a hatch too.............