• Sat Dec, 7 @ 09:32 PM (pacific)
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: This is the old board, what are you doing here?!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Go! Go! Go!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Author Topic: iRacing Paint thread  (Read 11625 times)

scrowner

• Titanium
  • Giant Purple Bear
Re: iRacing Paint thread
« Reply #30 on: Mon Apr, 29 @ 06:37 AM (pacific) »
I was going to leave the design up to the painter. We will all be able to review and make comments as the process proceeds. He takes no money till we are happy and the TGA file is done. There looks to be some differences in iRacing's car painting. But prior to this iRacing release, other drivers in a race would have to have your paints downloaded from tradingpaints in order to see them. Some of you may feel this is a pain. ? It is what everyone does in F1 series but I am not to sure about all the other iRacing series. Once you have tradingpaints installed you can click MP4 cars to have them downloaded, the new ones that is, to your computer. You can do this on power up or like me whenever you decide to get the latest car paints. I do it about once a month or so. The is nice as your name can be on the car as well as any logo, text, whatever.

I sent the PM to Tim. My name will appear on the web site as "queued" up. AS he starts working on the car you will see pictures of it on Tim's site. We will get unique designs for each in that your name placement and specific details of coloring will change. Think about what name you wish to use. For me it will be "SCROWNER". But it can be anything you wish.
« Last Edit: Mon Apr, 29 @ 07:11 AM (pacific) by scrowner »

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #31 on: Mon Apr, 29 @ 07:56 AM (pacific) »
Really glad you are getting this going Scot.

I would like something like this over the rear quarter/ back of the door.

And one of the logos on the hood. I personally like this one-

It is really funny because those reds look good on this monitor. But the painter should be able to fix them up regardless.

The painter may also come up with a much better design. I only have very basic programs to generate these.

Also, I have the newest version of trading paints which automatically loads any custom paint of any car in any room I am in.

I also need  a link to Tim's site so we can check up on his progress.
"If you ain't first, you're last"--Reese Bobby

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #32 on: Mon Apr, 29 @ 08:25 AM (pacific) »
Good job people.
Alex T @ iRacing http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=76831

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." -- Juan Manuel Fangio

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #33 on: Mon Apr, 29 @ 09:45 AM (pacific) »
Cool can't wait to see the painters progress.  Let me know what you need from me, I am closer to autistic then artistic but I will chime in from time to time.

I'm sick of following my dreams.  I am just going to ask them where there goin', and hook up with them later. -  Mitch Hedburg

scrowner

• Titanium
  • Giant Purple Bear
« Reply #34 on: Mon Apr, 29 @ 11:09 AM (pacific) »
1. Everyone think of what name you wish tagged on the car that uniquely identifies you. Then decide on the car location. For this car, MP4, I am thinking on the rear bumper and on the top of the wing. But look at the MP4 on Tom's site to see if you think of a better spot. Rear bumper is good as it pisses those off behind you. Top of wing is good as it is easy to see in a replay it is you. If you have a favorite color let me know and we can use this color on the side-view mirrors for an additional car separator.

Scot - SCROWNER
Alex - A. Tabony
Jeremy - J. Wagner
Randy - R. Cherry
Johnathon - Jon Cooper

2. Are there any national logos you wish to see? These would appear on all the MP4s for our team but there may be some desirable names. For me I like Rays Engineering (Volk), Falken, Puma and Fanatec. It would be cool to have something from each of us tagged on the body. It could be La-Z-Boy! Or we can keep the slate clean. I would prefer some advertising but I will defer to the crowd on this one.

3. I think we are all on board with the two logos Jeremy sneezed on the screen? LZ and flags on the hood and LZRacing on each side of the car. I will indicate to Tom he can embellish them a bit.

4. Color scheme. Some of you may wish to be specific. I suggest we wait and see what Tom does with our LZ logos and then colors for the car.
« Last Edit: Thu May, 2 @ 06:28 AM (pacific) by scrowner »

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #35 on: Mon Apr, 29 @ 12:58 PM (pacific) »
1. Everyone think of what name you wish tagged on the car that uniquely identifies you. Then decide on the car location. For this car, MP4, I am thinking on the rear bumper and on the top of the wing. But look at the MP4 on Tom's site to see if you think of a better spot. Rear bumper is good as it pisses those off behind you. Top of wing is good as it is easy to see in a replay it is you. If you have a favorite color let me know and we can use this color on the side-view mirrors for an additional car separator.

A. Tabony
Personally, I prefer it under the side window like on old school race cars. But it certainly does make sense to have it on the back...

2. Are there any national logos you wish to see?
I prefer clean. LZRacing of course but no real life sponsors. Maybe we can make up our own silly ones?

3. I think we are all on board with the two logos Jeremy sneezed on the screen? LZ and flags on the hood and LZRacing on each side of the car. I will indicate to Tom he can embellish them a bit.
Sounds good to me.

4. Color scheme. Some of you may wish to be specific. I suggest we wait and see what Tom does with our LZ logos and then colors for the car.
Fine by me. But as I said not overtly US colors please.
Alex T @ iRacing http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=76831

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." -- Juan Manuel Fangio

scrowner

• Titanium
  • Giant Purple Bear
« Reply #36 on: Tue Apr, 30 @ 05:23 AM (pacific) »
Email me those two above logos please, Jeremy. I did send Tim the sponsor of "LZRacing", if you look at the site right now it says TBD but it will change. I need the rest of you LZ members to give me your answers/opinions on the above 4 questions.

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #37 on: Tue Apr, 30 @ 10:41 AM (pacific) »

J. Wagner    I also like it under the window old school, but on the wing may be cool. Race number is 73. Always!!

2. Are there any national logos you wish to see? These would appear on all the MP4s for our team but there may be some desirable names. For me I like Rays Engineering (Volk), Falken, Puma and Fanatec. It would be cool to have something from each of us tagged on the body. It could be La-Z-Boy! Or we can keep the slate clean. I would prefer some advertising but I will defer to the crowd on this one.

Plain may look cool, will depend on the paint design. If we are going to do sponsors, I prefer sim racing products opposed to real life racing sponsors. (Playseat, Logitech, Fanatech, etc)

Those logos are badass!! 8)

I figured we would defer to the painter. Would like a more white car with colors being accents. I am sure he will come up with something nice.

Thank Scot!

Tim's website-
http://www.digigrafet.com/

« Last Edit: Tue Apr, 30 @ 11:05 AM (pacific) by racecar73 »

scrowner

• Titanium
  • Giant Purple Bear
« Reply #38 on: Wed May, 1 @ 07:48 AM (pacific) »
I need some name information from Coop and Clip. We still have some time but the queue is moving.

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #39 on: Wed May, 1 @ 02:46 PM (pacific) »
1.  R. Cherry window or wing works for me,  race number 72

2.  I like beer sponsors like"Beau's Lug Tread", its Canadian. Or more obscure beers but not the big ones.

3 logos are good.

4.  Red accents for me please.  A Canadian flag on my mirror would be fun.
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I am just going to ask them where there goin', and hook up with them later. -  Mitch Hedburg

coopinwpg

• Titanium
  • Jon
« Reply #40 on: Wed May, 1 @ 05:01 PM (pacific) »
I'm late to the party! Sorry, I hope there is still time for my input.

1: Jon Cooper or J. Cooper on the door just under the window (I like it old school too) and the wing and bumper works for me too!

2: I like the sim racing sponsors also. I'd also like something quirky too or made up. I'm pretty flexible in this area.

3: Logos are DAMN GOOD!

4: Canadian flag on the roof would be nice, in the same fashion of the General Lee of Dukes of Hazzard, if that's possible to do. Alternately, a small flag on the rear bumper or rear quarter panel, or next to my name on the door, is just fine. As for colors, red + white + blue seem like good choices to me. White doors for sure to showcase the LZ Racing Logo! As a unique identifier on my car I'd like black side mirrors if possible.

Can't wait to see the results!
I will just have try my best and drive as fast as I can. - Kimi Raikkonen.

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #41 on: Thu May, 2 @ 05:27 AM (pacific) »
So we are all on the same page.

We are all getting the same car with a couple personal touches to each one.

I am willing to let the painter do his thing and see how it turns out. He should know what looks good.

scrowner

• Titanium
  • Giant Purple Bear
« Reply #42 on: Thu May, 2 @ 06:26 AM (pacific) »
I kind of like the beer concept for the small logos on the car. If each of us can pick an obscure beer we like, we can add its logo to the paint details for the cars. So that is 5 beer logos that the painter will work with. It really is a decent idea Clip started. If others are OK with this idea the list is:

(C) R. Cherry: Beau's Lug Tread
(U) SCROWNER: Maui Brewing Co.
(S) A. Tabony: Drake's Brewing Co.
(U) J. Wagner: Hoppin' Frog
(C) J. Cooper: Little Apple Brewing Co.

Each one of you need to find the brew logo graphic you wish to use and email it to me. scrowner AT gmail DOT com. To be clear, all of these logos will appear on all 5 cars. I attached a JPG of my logo to hit the car. (The hog in Canadian red would be sweet!)

Additionally.... I made note of placing the flag for the racer near his name. If you can take note of the list above and verify name and flag as correct.

« Last Edit: Fri May, 3 @ 05:05 AM (pacific) by scrowner »

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #43 on: Thu May, 2 @ 07:05 AM (pacific) »
My choice-

coopinwpg

• Titanium
  • Jon
« Reply #44 on: Thu May, 2 @ 07:59 PM (pacific) »
Works for me!
My choice is:

I will just have try my best and drive as fast as I can. - Kimi Raikkonen.