• Fri Jan, 24 @ 08:21 AM (pacific)
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: This is the old board, what are you doing here?!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Go! Go! Go!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Author Topic: (GT5) Side Series (discussion)  (Read 6003 times)

team-trans

• Magnesium
Re: (GT5) Side Series (discussion)
« Reply #15 on: Wed Feb, 27 @ 11:51 AM (pacific) »
I like format of shuffel/however I don't like crapy tires,if we run same car w/racing tires be the same,without someone or several people get junk cars that are not competive,problems with shuffle ,someone will get screwed!!!

dragon81567

• Molybdenum
« Reply #16 on: Wed Feb, 27 @ 05:37 PM (pacific) »
shuffle race challenges the driver doing everything on racing tires doesn't leave enough on the driver no challenge go fast break hard turn. i'm not big fan of shuffle race tires but i do like the challenge.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"  -Mario Andretti-

thekody268

• KODY 268
  • Graphene
  • His name was Robert paulsing.
« Reply #17 on: Thu Feb, 28 @ 06:19 AM (pacific) »
shuffle race challenges the driver doing everything on racing tires doesn't leave enough on the driver no challenge go fast break hard turn. i'm not big fan of shuffle race tires but i do like the challenge.

I like a challenge also and to be honest shuffle isn't that hard on any tires. I think it would help drivers learn car controlle and teach drivers that faster isn't always a good thing. Sometimes you gotta be smooth and clean. It will be interesting. But NASCAR is still an option. I'm not the biggest NASCAR fan but I think if we set things up properly it could be fun and help people with setting up a transmission. Lets hope we don't have a tie. Just need one more Vote. Btw I voted for one make.
"If you do not try for a line that does exist your not a racing driver"  -Ayrton Senna-

Delta795

• Titanium
  • Don't you know who I am?
« Reply #18 on: Fri Mar, 1 @ 07:46 AM (pacific) »
I voted one car make no tuning, for no other reason than you could have more people get in if they have some free time when the races happen.  I know personally if I don't have time to test and be competitive, sue to other obligations I likely would not race.  However if I knew I could pop in from time to time and run I'd likely do that more.

Honestly I like all the ideas

Racer2727

• Titanium
« Reply #19 on: Fri Mar, 1 @ 08:21 AM (pacific) »
I voted one car make no tuning, for no other reason than you could have more people get in if they have some free time when the races happen.  I know personally if I don't have time to test and be competitive, sue to other obligations I likely would not race.  However if I knew I could pop in from time to time and run I'd likely do that more.

I like the no tune option- so much so that I think it should be one class of the next series we race. I have been VERY short on time lately and like Delta said, if I can't get a chance to tune it seems like I can't compete at even midpack.

thekody268

• KODY 268
  • Graphene
« Reply #20 on: Fri Mar, 1 @ 02:15 PM (pacific) »

I like the no tune option- so much so that I think it should be one class of the next series we race. I have been VERY short on time lately and like Delta said, if I can't get a chance to tune it seems like I can't compete at even midpack.

i agree, the one make is simple and effective, a few drivers don't like the idea of no tuning but the fact is you don't have anything to blame if you lose. pure driver racing.
"If you do not try for a line that does exist your not a racing driver"  -Ayrton Senna-

thekody268

• KODY 268
  • Graphene
« Reply #21 on: Sat Mar, 2 @ 12:44 PM (pacific) »
So it looks like the polls are in. side series will be one make no tuning cars.

no we need some cool names to call this series.
lets here some ideas. i like shoot out series

Racer2727

• Titanium
« Reply #22 on: Sat Mar, 2 @ 02:32 PM (pacific) »
How about these:
Looney Tune Series
Even~Steven Series
Ready to Race Series

Delta795

• Titanium
  • Don't you know who I am?
« Reply #23 on: Sat Mar, 2 @ 05:47 PM (pacific) »
Fresh from the showroom floor
Buy em, paint em & run em
No tuning required

thekody268

• KODY 268
  • Graphene
« Reply #24 on: Fri Mar, 8 @ 08:25 AM (pacific) »
It looks like no tuning one make has won by alot. So now we need a day to run it. I will redo the poll for a day of the week vote

thekody268

• KODY 268
  • Graphene
« Reply #25 on: Sat Mar, 9 @ 07:36 AM (pacific) »
So far Friday is winning. The vote can be changed so whoever voted Monday if you can't run Fridays let me or racer know
So that we can maybe work something out and get this started next week. Thanks.

dragon81567

• Molybdenum
« Reply #26 on: Sat Mar, 9 @ 08:20 AM (pacific) »
I voted monday only cause if you run on friday j can only make every other week but go with what the majority want or need the more people we can get the better if need be i can just run every other week that is ok for me.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"  -Mario Andretti-

thekody268

• KODY 268
  • Graphene
« Reply #27 on: Sat Mar, 9 @ 10:03 AM (pacific) »
It is just a side series but we would like everybody to be able to be involved. We haven't talked about doing points or anything like that so it shouldn't matter if you miss a couple races here and there.

dragon81567

• Molybdenum
« Reply #28 on: Sat Mar, 9 @ 12:32 PM (pacific) »
like i said go with the vote i'll get in on the weeks i can

thekody268

• KODY 268
  • Graphene
« Reply #29 on: Tue Mar, 12 @ 11:44 AM (pacific) »
FRIDAY
 LZRACING PRESENTS
Production Stock Series

RACE #1
SUBARU IMPREZA WRX  vs  LANCER EVO X

Regulations
Penalties Off
Damage Light
Slipstream Weak
Boost Off
Tire wear - normal
Tires - Racing Hard
Race Settings
Grip Real
SRF Off
All other Aids allowed if you wish to use them.
Grid- Reverse order Based on previous race results
No Tuning Allowed
Two races 15 laps each.

buy it-paint it-change tires and race.
[/color][/size]

The winner will recieve a large lump sum of bragging rights.
bring your friends the room will be online.