• Thu Dec, 5 @ 01:44 PM (pacific)
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: This is the old board, what are you doing here?!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Go! Go! Go!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Author Topic: (GT5) Series 11 (discussion)  (Read 6530 times)

Racer2727

• Titanium
Re: (GT5) Series 11 (discussion)
« Reply #60 on: Fri Jan, 18 @ 05:55 PM (pacific) »
http://youtu.be/z0fjsZWtzgs
 this is a test video. quality is crap but i just wanted to see how long it would take to make a decent vid. i should have our series 11 video up soon. let me know what u guys think.
What did you use to video tape this? Mobile Phone up to TV?

thekody268

• KODY 268
  • Graphene
  • His name was Robert paulsing.
« Reply #61 on: Sun Jan, 20 @ 12:58 PM (pacific) »
camera up to tv.
"If you do not try for a line that does exist your not a racing driver"  -Ayrton Senna-

dragon81567

• Molybdenum
« Reply #62 on: Wed Jan, 23 @ 11:27 AM (pacific) »
                            Monza results

race 1                 race 2                race 3
          Mudd                 Scorpion              Mudd
          Dragon              Mudd                   Dragon
          Scorpion            Racer                   Racer
          Racer                 Dragon                Scorpion
          Fish                   Trans                   Kody
          Kody                  Fish                     Trans
          Trans                 Kody(PSN)           Fish
          Agent(DNR)       Agent(DNR)          Agent(DNR)
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"  -Mario Andretti-

dragon81567

• Molybdenum
« Reply #63 on: Wed Jan, 23 @ 11:32 AM (pacific) »
Standings through Monza

Racer     690
Mudd     670
Kody      570
Trans     550
Agent     550
Scorpion 470
Dragon   450
Fish        340
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"  -Mario Andretti-

Mudd

• Molybdenum
« Reply #64 on: Thu Jan, 24 @ 10:02 AM (pacific) »
Luck was on my side this week, that's quite a points swing.  8)
The standings post is much more 'mobile device friendly' this week, thanks!

dragon81567

• Molybdenum
« Reply #65 on: Thu Jan, 24 @ 11:24 AM (pacific) »
Luck was on my side this week, that's quite a points swing.  8)
The standings post is much more 'mobile device friendly' this week, thanks!

glad it worked out for you better thanks for your input

thekody268

• KODY 268
  • Graphene
« Reply #66 on: Fri Jan, 25 @ 11:26 AM (pacific) »

As many of you have probably heard by now, since the latest 2.10 update for Gran Turismo 5 went live last week some users have been reporting a strange game-disrupting issue involving the GT5 logo screen loop where the root cause was, of all things, vehicles in the game.

Today, the problem has been resolved at the hands of our very own members here so if you’ve had this problem follow the steps outlined below and you’ll be playing GT5 again in no time:

Tutorial to fix problem with 2.10 update.

1. Downgrade to 2.09 – go to the Game Data Utility and select GT5, hit triangle, select delete in the right-hand side menu. You now have to re-install updates to get you back to version 2.09.

2. You need to find your ghost cars; the cars cannot be chosen, driven, sold or deleted; this does not include DLC cars. When you’ve found them proceed to the next step.

3. Go to your GT world menu and select “My Home Settings” select “Design Options” and change the background color to the original blue and your background image to the first as well.

4. Again go to the Game Data Utility and delete the game to go back to 1.00 version (if version 1.00 does not work for you you could try the first update which is 608 mb and that takes you to version 1.05). You’ll need to use the first edition GT5 disc as no other versions of the disc will get you back to version 1.00.

5. Start GT5 and decline the updates, go to your garage and delete the ghost cars.

6. Once you have done the above steps you can then install the updates bringing you back to 2.10.

After you’ve successfully completed all of the updates and you now have a working save with the latest 2.10 update, you may have to go through the process of reacquiring any or all of the DLC you may have purchased over time, and you can do this by going into Account Management on the XMB (under Playstation Network) and download them again and re-install them.

You may notice that once you’re back in version 2.10 you may have a garage full of cars but the thumbnails are now corrupted, to resolve that just hit triangle in garage view and select “Create Thumbnails for All Cars”, this will take time depending on how many cars are in your garage.

When going back to 1.00 or any older version with newer saves (DLC cars in it), be sure to change the saves options settings beforehand to default like in 1.0. Your saves might have difficulty loading in early versions due to conflicting options settings (there are many options that are only available in later versions). Also make sure the save has you using a car that is in 1.0, and turn off all favorites car (if they are not in older version). If in doubt while in version 2.09 buy a car from the new car dealer.

Thanks to GTP_CargoRat, zephyrus, christara321 and everyone else involved in bringing this issue to an end for those unable to play GT5 without being hindered by this problem; a problem that I have experienced myself, albeit not to the same extent as others. Be sure to stop by the thread here should you have any questions.
"If you do not try for a line that does exist your not a racing driver"  -Ayrton Senna-

Mudd

• Molybdenum
« Reply #67 on: Wed Jan, 30 @ 06:40 AM (pacific) »
A review of my emotional roller coaster ride from last night:

I go into the practice room knowing that I am 20 points behind the series leader, Racer. Having battled Racer for position several times this series, I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I had a chance. I got lucky with track selection, Route 5 is one of my better ones having a previous LZR win there. I also knew that the Series 11 race format caused each race of the night to become much more difficult and unpredictable as the night progresses. My plan was to go 'full-on, no looking back' for the first race, give myself a points cushion and then protection mode for the next two races. Working my plan to perfection, I enter the last lap of Race 1 with a great lead and several positions ahead of tonight's nemisis, Racer. Last corner of last lap, out of fuel and loose several positions. Ok, quick points count in my head...yikes, I'm tied for the lead with Racer going into round 2. First corner of first lap, a unexpected draft pull sends me sailing into the inside wall, giving me left front and engine damage. Thinking I just lost it, I limp around to the pit and then just go for it for next 10 laps, having the track to myself. After my second pit, I somehow manage to catch and pass Racer, putting another car inbetween us giving me 20 points on him for the Final. Opening laps of the final, one those "too many cars, too little track" incedents collect myself and Scorpion giving us both engine damage. A ridicules amount of position changes then ensues through the course of the race, I enter the final lap in third position a good 20+ seconds behind the leader (Racer), thinking to myself that I threw away my first LZR series championship and I'm gonna end up tied with Racer... and then I hear those three magic little words " I'm outa fuel" ... It's Dragon this time, just ahead of me in second place. I sail by through the final turn, giving me the extra 10 points to edge out Racer. And now I need a drink.   8)

And for those who just want the short version:

MUDD WINS!!!

;D great racing last night and all series long, fellas!

On an added note, I know Kody (and a couple others) didn't quite get the finishes they was expecting with these cars, and I think that was due to the vast car selection and the fact that a few guys just couldn't locate the faster cars. Limiting the selection a little should tighten up the pack quite a bit. I myself, however, thoroughly enjoyed this series as a whole. Every race, regardless of my position, I found myself battling one or more drivers for positions. Several battles even got so intense that the other driver and I completely forgot there was anyone else on the track, we were too busy rubbing fenders and playing 'chicken' with the braking points. My point being that I had a blast, thanks for taking the reins, Kody!
« Last Edit: Wed Jan, 30 @ 08:43 AM (pacific) by Mudd »

Delta795

• Titanium
  • Don't you know who I am?
« Reply #68 on: Thu Jan, 31 @ 10:41 AM (pacific) »
Hey guys.. Looks like I got a couple msgs here recently on PSN.  Sorry but b4 9PM CST you are likely sending those to my son.
Anyways...to my main question:

Any thoughts on moving races to an hr. later or running them on the weekend evenings?  I just can't make anything that early on the weekday, and if I can't make the race no point in me doing the practice runs.

team-trans

• Magnesium
« Reply #69 on: Thu Jan, 31 @ 11:11 AM (pacific) »
I will ask,like to have you back,we are lining up series 12 and its going to be the best yet/gt500 590pp,gt1500pp,mazda tc,470pp all race tyres,we want to use race cars also,you would enjoy

Mudd

• Molybdenum
« Reply #70 on: Thu Jan, 31 @ 03:31 PM (pacific) »
Would really like have you racing with us again, Delta. I can't speak for anyone else, but as far as the start time and day for me, if start is any later on the weekdays that would put finish times at almost midnight for me. Afraid I just can't get away with that anymore (too many miles on my odometer). I wouldn't have any objections to Friday or Saturday late-nights though. If the majority does decide to make the start later on a weeknight, i would be fine with just racing the first two and bailing for the 3rd race, but it's really up to the rest of the group.

Racer2727

• Titanium
« Reply #71 on: Thu Jan, 31 @ 04:59 PM (pacific) »
If we went an hour later on a week night (start time at 9cst) I could only do one or two races max. My attendance on weekend night would be spotty at best but I like the idea. After racing four weeks on Tuesday night, I kind of like Sunday night best. But I am willing to go where the majority goes with.

Racer2727

• Titanium
« Reply #72 on: Thu Jan, 31 @ 05:03 PM (pacific) »
A review of my emotional roller coaster ride from last night:

I go into the practice room knowing that I am 20 points behind the series leader, Racer. Having battled Racer for position several times this series, I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I had a chance. I got lucky with track selection, Route 5 is one of my better ones having a previous LZR win there. I also knew that the Series 11 race format caused each race of the night to become much more difficult and unpredictable as the night progresses. My plan was to go 'full-on, no looking back' for the first race, give myself a points cushion and then protection mode for the next two races. Working my plan to perfection, I enter the last lap of Race 1 with a great lead and several positions ahead of tonight's nemisis, Racer. Last corner of last lap, out of fuel and loose several positions. Ok, quick points count in my head...yikes, I'm tied for the lead with Racer going into round 2. First corner of first lap, a unexpected draft pull sends me sailing into the inside wall, giving me left front and engine damage. Thinking I just lost it, I limp around to the pit and then just go for it for next 10 laps, having the track to myself. After my second pit, I somehow manage to catch and pass Racer, putting another car inbetween us giving me 20 points on him for the Final. Opening laps of the final, one those "too many cars, too little track" incedents collect myself and Scorpion giving us both engine damage. A ridicules amount of position changes then ensues through the course of the race, I enter the final lap in third position a good 20+ seconds behind the leader (Racer), thinking to myself that I threw away my first LZR series championship and I'm gonna end up tied with Racer... and then I hear those three magic little words " I'm outa fuel" ... It's Dragon this time, just ahead of me in second place. I sail by through the final turn, giving me the extra 10 points to edge out Racer. And now I need a drink.   8)

And for those who just want the short version:

MUDD WINS!!!

;D great racing last night and all series long, fellas!

On an added note, I know Kody (and a couple others) didn't quite get the finishes they was expecting with these cars, and I think that was due to the vast car selection and the fact that a few guys just couldn't locate the faster cars. Limiting the selection a little should tighten up the pack quite a bit. I myself, however, thoroughly enjoyed this series as a whole. Every race, regardless of my position, I found myself battling one or more drivers for positions. Several battles even got so intense that the other driver and I completely forgot there was anyone else on the track, we were too busy rubbing fenders and playing 'chicken' with the braking points. My point being that I had a blast, thanks for taking the reins, Kody!

Well earned Mudd. Too many unforced errors in race 1 and 2. What might have been had I not lost those 10 points in race 1 when Trans damaged car ran me off the road (ohh wait, I'm over that- I forgot).  YOU DA MAN MUDD!  All glory is yours this series. Great clean racing.

I agree about limiting car choices to keep field close and KEEP heavy damage. However, I think we need stricter rules on how to drive a damaged car.

Delta795

• Titanium
  • Don't you know who I am?
« Reply #73 on: Fri Feb, 1 @ 01:58 PM (pacific) »
I don't want anyone to have to bail early.  Especially those that have continued to race since I last raced with the group.
I'll jump on later tonight and knock a bit of the rust off with you guys.

thekody268

• KODY 268
  • Graphene
« Reply #74 on: Mon Feb, 4 @ 02:16 PM (pacific) »
sorry delta but we dont get finished till 11 or 12 some nights. so i cant make it any later but we went with tuesday because most racers find it hard to be on on the weekends. plus most of us work early mondays. i hope we can come to a compromise that will allow every1 to race, but we dont have much time.