• Thu Dec, 12 @ 01:36 AM (pacific)
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: This is the old board, what are you doing here?!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Go! Go! Go!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Author Topic: iRacing tonight?  (Read 16432 times)

coopinwpg

• Titanium
  • Jon
Re: iRacing tonight?
« Reply #30 on: Fri Jan, 18 @ 06:26 PM (pacific) »
Blackberry... well no. But it would be nice to have a "Let's race alert or something"

You can get an email alert by click the Notify button at the top or bottom of the thread I think.

Alex, thanks for the tip. I'm not very experienced with forum posts.
I like the idea of a race alert for sure.
If any of you have push email, we could send notifications that way. I can be reached almost instantly, most hours of the day, at [email protected] on my Blackberry.

Pin 2A646C2B.    Because I am.

Randy, I'll pin you soon. Glad to know you're in the BB zone. You looking forward to BB10?

Jeremy, PIN messaging (VIA BB PIN - unique Blackberry device identifier) is a secure instant messaging service which works much like email. It's instant and reliable. Works like text messageing. If you decide to get a Blackberry one day, I'd be happy to make a product suggestion. :)

I will just have try my best and drive as fast as I can. - Kimi Raikkonen.

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #31 on: Fri Jan, 18 @ 07:23 PM (pacific) »
blackberry... sounds so... hmm

Ya know I bought the Nexus One because the BB proved that the trackball is the right answer for editing text on a phone. Now we have 6" "phones/tablets/phablets" that selecting is sill a pia on.
Alex T @ iRacing http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=76831

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." -- Juan Manuel Fangio

thekody268

• KODY 268
  • Graphene
  • His name was Robert paulsing.
« Reply #32 on: Sat Jan, 19 @ 07:58 AM (pacific) »
it says i have an update but when i go to download it just refreshes the home screen and doesn't download...
"If you do not try for a line that does exist your not a racing driver"  -Ayrton Senna-

coopinwpg

• Titanium
  • Jon
« Reply #33 on: Sat Jan, 19 @ 04:29 PM (pacific) »

Ya know I bought the Nexus One because the BB proved that the trackball is the right answer for editing text on a phone. Now we have 6" "phones/tablets/phablets" that selecting is sill a pia on.

That BB you shared a photo of is ancient! Have you tried a BB Bold 9900 touch? It's pretty sweet.
I will just have try my best and drive as fast as I can. - Kimi Raikkonen.

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #34 on: Sat Jan, 19 @ 05:21 PM (pacific) »

That BB you shared a photo of is ancient! Have you tried a BB Bold 9900 touch? It's pretty sweet.

There are actually 3 different BBs in there and a 4th somewhere. To be honest where I live everyone has gone iPhone and now Android is massively on the rise but I am sure you are painfully aware of that. We teach mobile as part of our curriculum and the only way we can do what we do is with Android (Virtual machine, dual-boot Nook, cheap Android phones etc). I really liked my BB and its streamlined functions/apps.
Alex T @ iRacing http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=76831

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." -- Juan Manuel Fangio

thekody268

• KODY 268
  • Graphene
« Reply #35 on: Sat Jan, 19 @ 10:04 PM (pacific) »
ive had a bb an iphone and now a droid. bb was great, iphone sucked sooo bad. but by far my favorite is the droid... everything works great. this website works better on my phone than my ipad. i had a bb 8330 i believe it was. it was a great phone back in the day. even got a red ball for it. but my droid x2 is the best phone ive ever had. only prob i have is battery life but i got a bigger battery its great. i play gta liberty city all the time. the ipad liberty city is not as good in my opinion... idk much about electronics but i know my phone is better than anything apple makes as far as mobile devices.
"If you do not try for a line that does exist your not a racing driver"  -Ayrton Senna-

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #36 on: Sun Jan, 20 @ 07:34 AM (pacific) »
Will definitely be running something tonight in our usual racing time slot.
"If you ain't first, you're last"--Reese Bobby

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #37 on: Sun Jan, 20 @ 08:24 AM (pacific) »
Me too
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I am just going to ask them where there goin', and hook up with them later. -  Mitch Hedburg

thekody268

• KODY 268
  • Graphene
« Reply #38 on: Sun Jan, 20 @ 08:35 AM (pacific) »
i may be on tonight. if i don't go skiing. i definitely need the practice

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #39 on: Sun Jan, 20 @ 08:57 AM (pacific) »
Nice where you going skiing?

Here is the first and only ski video I made.  Keep in mind we are old :). The end is the best.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ybeg5UoxCU

I'm sick of following my dreams.  I am just going to ask them where there goin', and hook up with them later. -  Mitch Hedburg

thekody268

• KODY 268
  • Graphene
« Reply #40 on: Sun Jan, 20 @ 09:04 AM (pacific) »
their are 4 or 5 different places. but probably beech mtn. last year i jumped to far off a kicker and didn't know where i was for a few hours.. this year i bought a helmet lol. plus i want to try a back-flip so if you never hear from me again i may be dead lol i bet the skiing up north is way better. how big are the slopes?

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #41 on: Sun Jan, 20 @ 09:10 AM (pacific) »
Our slopes are not very big around here.  We have to drive about 5 hours to get over 1500' of vertical.  Having said that we have a small hill near by with a couple parks in it so there is plenty to do and only 10 minutes away.

I have been wearing a helmet for years.  I have had plenty of concussions jumping off of homemade kickers.  Also have received plenty of get well cards from ski resorts ;D.  My wife won't let me leave the house with my skis unless I have my helmet.

Helmets are waaaayyy more comfortable then toques (hats) and its easy to mount a camera/have good music.

thekody268

• KODY 268
  • Graphene
« Reply #42 on: Sun Jan, 20 @ 09:26 AM (pacific) »
i bet they are huge. we have a few good slopes. some double blacks. but everyone stays in the terrain park and does tricks. i really wanna go to Colorado and try some of those.. on skis and bikes. you anywhere close to British Columbia?

thekody268

• KODY 268
  • Graphene
« Reply #43 on: Sun Jan, 20 @ 09:28 AM (pacific) »
by huge i mean bigger than ours. our largest is 3/4 of a mile.

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #44 on: Sun Jan, 20 @ 09:47 AM (pacific) »
i bet they are huge. we have a few good slopes. some double blacks. but everyone stays in the terrain park and does tricks. i really wanna go to Colorado and try some of those.. on skis and bikes. you anywhere close to British Columbia?

I am about a 3 day drive  and 5 provinces away from BC but I have done some downhill on my MB at whistler and skiied there a couple of times. Skiied a bunch in different places out there. We are closer to Quebec who's mountains are not quite as big but the have some great runs, some over 3 miles long, top to bottom.