• Wed Dec, 11 @ 11:57 PM (pacific)
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: This is the old board, what are you doing here?!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Go! Go! Go!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Author Topic: New Members - Introduce Yourself  (Read 9632 times)

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
New Members - Introduce Yourself
« on: Tue Apr, 17 @ 09:18 AM (pacific) »
Welcome to our league. We are a group of casual but competitive sim-racers. The group is friendly and social so why not start by introducing yourselves.

Everyone gets a +1 karma when they post in here. That will make your life complete.
« Last Edit: Thu Jun, 6 @ 10:44 PM (pacific) by GT0 (Alex) »
Alex T @ iRacing http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=76831

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." -- Juan Manuel Fangio

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
Re: New Members - Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1 on: Tue Apr, 17 @ 10:51 AM (pacific) »
I'll start

PSN: n/a

Availability: Roughly 6-11pm (PST) although my time is very limited these days.

About me: Married for the first time and just celebrated our 4rd year anniversary. At 43 yo it took a long time to find the right one! (it was worth the wait). Stupidly over-worked, disturbingly under-paid and in love with my job at a small non-profit that provides training for people with disabilities. In a former life I was a mechanical engineer.

Hobbies: Avid traveler (mainly to India over the past 6 years)

Favorite car: Chaparral 2d race car in the GT5 era. Spec Racer Ford in iRacing and I guess that McLaren isn't too bad. :)

Race equipment: T500 wheel, Bodin load cell mod, Sam Maxwell Momom rim, Obutto racing cockpit and tri-screens in the works.. A home made stereo/speaker system based on Manger's bending wave transducers.

Other Games:Nope. Well, ok Borderlands 2. And once upon a time I was deeply immersed in Ultima Online in the dread lords days. heh heh
« Last Edit: Wed Feb, 13 @ 08:25 PM (pacific) by GT0 (Alex) »
Alex T @ iRacing http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=76831

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." -- Juan Manuel Fangio

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #2 on: Tue Apr, 17 @ 11:35 AM (pacific) »
And for the 3rd or 4th time..(I lost count) 8)

PSN:racecar73
XBL:racecar73

AVAILABILITY: Usually on practicing 1-2 nights a week around 8-9 EST.

ABOUT ME: Married, celebrating 20 yrs this August. My daughter is 20 and my son is 18. I help operate the family business (Machine Shop) which is going on 55 years of operation. I do a lot of purchasing and HR work. Sometimes super busy, sometimes not so busy.

HOBBIES: Riding my Harleys as much as possible. I have a 2011 Ultra Classic Limited and a 2006 Sportster Roadster 1200.
I also play rhythm guitar in a cover band. We play out locally from time to time.

FAVORITE CAR:  I love the Ferrari 458, and really liking the Old Jag.

RACING EQUIPMENT: I use the Driving Force GT on a 47" Vizio LCD. Probably about time for a new TV if I can stop buying Harleys.

OTHER GAMES:I have a whole stack of other games, but only seem to have time for GT and Call Of Duty Zombies (xbox).
Every time I try to play something else, these 2 games suck me back in. :)
"If you ain't first, you're last"--Reese Bobby

Delta795

• Titanium
  • Don't you know who I am?
« Reply #3 on: Tue Apr, 17 @ 05:53 PM (pacific) »
PSN:Delta795

AVAILABILITY: Most nights after 9pm CST

ABOUT ME: I'm ex-military 37 yrs old married 15 yrs. w/ 2 kids.  Sales Mgr for a company that works with Dept. of Defense.
                  Huge HAWKEYE fan! 

HOBBIES: Mostly trying to keep up with my 2 kids! Really since they started hitting the "tween years" my time is pretty much
                their time.
FAVORITE CAR: FTO Super Touring

RACING EQUIPMENT: DFGT with 63" plasma.  I use a homemade racing rig made with PVC

OTHER GAMES: Socom Con., Twisted Metal & MK.  Although I play other games with my son

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #4 on: Wed Apr, 18 @ 04:40 PM (pacific) »
PSN: Clipless72

LOCATION: Cambridge, Ontario, Canada <----figured I might need to add that.

Availability: 1 or 2 nights a week outside of league racing

ABOOT ME:  I am under 40 for another month or so, I have been with my wife for 22 years and we have 2 children.  I work for a Power Gen company.

HOBBIES:  Skiing, Golfing, Running, paying for university.

FAVOURITE CAR:  In real life it would have to be almost any Ferrari.

RACING EQUIPMENT: DFGT, wheelstand pro, 46" panasonic x-series, old sony surround and a killer old chair

OTHER GAMES: Call of Duty the odd time.
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I am just going to ask them where there goin', and hook up with them later. -  Mitch Hedburg

NightRogue66

« Reply #5 on: Tue Apr, 24 @ 05:33 PM (pacific) »
PSN: Night-Rogue66

Availability: most nights

About Me: I am 41 & have been married for 13 years w/ a son. I have been a NDT Inspector for 12 year's

HOBBIES: Bowling, Golfing & what ever my son feels like trying out for lol..

OTHER GAMES: Socom con., COD, & a Variety of others. 

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #6 on: Tue Apr, 24 @ 08:57 PM (pacific) »
Welcome Night-Rogue. Hope you enjoy our league. Just remember racing is stressful, so I'd suggest you stay behind me to help preserve your good health :)

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #7 on: Wed Apr, 25 @ 05:10 AM (pacific) »
Night Rogue,

Welcome to the club. Hope you have a good time here.

Being in Oberlin, you are about 30-45 min northwest of me I believe. Always good to have more O-H-I-O.

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #8 on: Wed Apr, 25 @ 09:41 AM (pacific) »
Holy OHIO racing club!   Welcome to the new members, enjoy the racing its always a good time.
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I am just going to ask them where there goin', and hook up with them later. -  Mitch Hedburg

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #9 on: Thu Apr, 26 @ 06:08 AM (pacific) »
That's 4 for OHIO. We are definitely in the lead. 8)

Monch

« Reply #10 on: Wed May, 9 @ 06:19 PM (pacific) »
PSN: M_o_n_ch

Availability: Varies, depending on the day... but usually evenings EST

About me: Just entered my 30s, married with a (over?) supportive wife who lets me do just about anything I want (too many things?).  Military for 8 years, I'm out next summer and ready to try something different.  I was recruited for the series by gfacter, through our Honda s2000 enthusiast site.

Hobbies: Getting heavy into Autocross/Track with my Honda and always enjoy a good day at the shooting range.

Favorite car: Still fairly novice at GT5, so my breadth of experience, car wise is still pretty limited.  I am enjoying the Mark IV I just picked up, though.

Race equipment: 110" Screen, Epson 8350 Projector, Harmon Kardon & JBL handling audio.  Logitech G27 and self-made PVC cockpit (seat is a $10 C/L Honda Del Sol special).

Other Games: Finishing up Red Dead Redemption before firing up LA Noire and moving on to the Uncharted series.  Also enjoy realistic FPS (R6, BF, CoD before it got dumb), but that's on PC (though I don't have the machine for it, currently).

Looking forward to getting out there with you guys.
-Ken

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #11 on: Wed May, 9 @ 08:52 PM (pacific) »
Welcome to the league Ken. Hope you enjoy it. Just remember, racing is stressful, so I recommend you stay behind me to save your health. Just looking out for you of course :)

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #12 on: Thu May, 10 @ 05:28 AM (pacific) »
welcome Ken  you will enjoy it here the community is growing as we hold on to GT5 as long as possibl.  GTO is our ambassador here at LZracing and will do a fine job at leading you around the tracks. ;)

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #13 on: Thu May, 10 @ 05:50 AM (pacific) »
Hello Ken. Welcome to the club. Please send friend request to racecar73 on PSN.

goldenfri

• Aluminum
« Reply #14 on: Thu May, 10 @ 07:45 AM (pacific) »
Hey everyone!

PSN: goldenfri
Xbox: goldenfri live

Availability: Evenings after my daughter goes to bed. Generally after 8:30pm EST

About me: I am 30 and just had a daughter a little more than a year ago. I work as a Linux/Mac Sysadmin for Gov. Also recruited by Gfactor.

Hobbies: Rallycross/HPDEs/Autox and computer nerd stuff.

Favorite car: '87 Motul Mugen Civic, not sure why, I just love driving it.

Race equipment: Fanatec CSR wheel w/ CSR elite pedals, a wheel stand pro w/ folding chair lol. (I have to be able to fold it all up and put it away so my daughter doesn't play with it.

Other Games: Forza on xbox. Uncharted3 is the only other game I've played recently on PS3