- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 months, 1 week ago by .
Okay, so as we prepare to start a new season here’s the update/format/stuff to expect:
1. We’ve done some testing and found I can run the sessions as a “heat” race. I can create an approximate 2 hour session that has open practice, qualifying, heat race 1, then a feature race. This way we don’t have to switch rooms between races. It also allows some other features that could be useful. Such as:
a. reverse grid between races. Whoever wins race 1 will start from the back in race 2. Technically I could reverse the qualifying grid but that doesn’t make sense to do.
b. I can give points for qualifying position. Award a bonus for qualifying on pole.
2. We’ll be running the schedule set by IMSA Sports Car Series, running the GTE class. This way we’ll get used to the car class again since there’s been talk of running some endurance races.
a. This includes the BMW M8, Ferrari 488, Ford GTE, and Porsche 911 RSR.
3. I’ll run the race session like this:
a. Open practice of 40 minutes
b. Open qualifying of 10 minutes
c. First race of 20 minutes
d. 5 minute warmup (bathroom break)
e. 20 minute feature race
4. You’ll need to join the session within the first 40 minutes to be in the races.
a. If anyone thinks this may be tight on time I’ll extend the open practice time.
Here’s the schedule for this season:
Week 1: Autódromo José Carlos Pace – Grand Prix (9-jun)
Week 2: Autodromo Nazionale Monza – Grand Prix (16-jun)
Week 3: Watkins Glen International – Boot (23-jun)
Week 4: Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (30-jun)
Week 5: Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari -Grand Prix (7-jul)
Week 6: Lime Rock Park – Grand Prix (14-jul)
Week 7: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps – Grand Prix Pits (21-jul)
Week 8: Road America – Full Course (28-jul)
Week 9: Sebring International Raceway – International (4-aug)
Week 10: Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans – 24 Heures duMans (11-aug)
Week 11: Virginia International Raceway – Full Course (18-aug)
Week 12: Road Atlanta – Full Course (25-aug)
Week 13: Charlotte Motor Speedway – Roval (1-sep)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.