Layout Image

Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3
Author Topic: 2015 S1 Lets Jet!!

CoopDeVill-
e
Pro
Re: 2015 S1 Lets Jet!!
on: Dec 22, 11:36 pm

Second race at Mid-Ohio was fun! Lots of fender bumping and grinding once again. Good times! Larry, sorry for that mid race tap, got my braking all messed up that time. Byran got me back for you later one, several times, so I got what I had coming to me. 😉

Nice win Allen!

Some pics of the action:

If you don't go for it at every corner of every lap, what's the point?!

CoopDeVill-
e
Pro
on: Dec 22, 11:41 pm

This is what the finish looked like at Daytona, Race 1:

redrobin34-
Pro
on: Dec 23, 09:01 am

Nice pictures, Coop. The Jetta is a fun little car for close racing. Though passing in it is nearly impossible unless you don't mind getting a bit physical. Maybe they should bump up a draft just a bit in the car? Heck I don't know. Just feels something is a hair off. Maybe that is how the real life series is? Anyway, still fun.

I didn't make a single pass on the track last night. I did pass Larry after he got a bit out of control. But I don't consider that a legit racing pass. I picked up the other position from my pit stop. Racing can be funny. Entering that race I felt I was around a 3 or 4 position car. I guess you just never know. Fun race guys!

Pterodacty-
l
Pro
on: Dec 23, 11:04 am

That was pretty hairy last night. Once the race started it was clear that at some point there was going to be some contact. You just can't get away in those cars and you can't pull off a pass to save your life. Jeff and I basically ran an entire lap side by side and I still couldn't complete the pass. It was fun, but Allen is right, unless you're prepared to get physical it didn't seem like passing was an option if someone was in front of you and running a bit slower yet not making any mistakes.

I finally ended up out in the grass after going into turn three or four several cars wide. I tried to get it back under control when coming back on but caught Jon. Our cars were screwed. From there We were in the back and raced really close the whole time. I got into him good a couple more times. Both times I intended on giving him a little tap in the rear (yikes!!) to loosen him up (man!!!!) but ended up turning him sideways. The first time I did it I aimed for the front of his car again to straighten him so I didn't take the position. The next time he went really wide on the second to last turn on the last lap and I kept it down inside. I tapped his rear end again and sent him sliding. I felt bad for hitting him again so I slowed down so as not to take his spot from him. I'm way too nice. 😉

It was still fun racing. I do like the jetta more than I thought I would, but I hope to run something that can actually pass another car soon...

Sloan
Ace
on: Dec 23, 03:50 pm

Fun race last night, actually enjoyed it. Much different than my previous experience in the Jetta. I think that my "old" Fanatec wheel was getting tired and made the Jetta feel even more vague... With the V2 I could feel what the slug was actually doing, and I could wring its neck further.

Gotta love Mid-Ohio!

S.

Pterodacty-
l
Pro
on: Dec 30, 02:52 pm

Another fun race last night. Passing is just hard to do in this car. We need like a push to pass feature in this thing. LOL

Man I got screwed by the pit stop. Too much watching NASCAR thinking that folks would be a lap down if they went in because I'd make it back around the track and lap them before they got out of the pits. That's not the way it works on road courses. Had to restart in the back and man the only reason I finished well was because of accidents in front of me.

The racing is so close on these tracks. This series would be perfect if we could pull off passes. Basically if you're going to pass you have to bang someone out of the way or wait for them to make a mistake.

racecar73
Administrator
on: Jan 5, 12:21 pm

Hard to think that the season will be 1/3 over this week already!

racecar73
Administrator
on: Jan 6, 08:25 am

Good practice last night.

Great track for the Jetta, but man is that little triple section tough!!

redrobin34-
Pro
on: Jan 6, 10:54 am

Wasn't able to make it. Hoping to get a few laps in tonight. Left my cell phone at home this morning....feeling lost!

Clipless72
Administrator
on: Jan 7, 01:30 pm

At least you got to read lots when you got home. Mind you it was just a bunch of bulls%&t like normal anyhow.

racecar73
Administrator
on: Jan 29, 10:02 am

That was a bit of a strange Jetta race.

With the early caution and a couple wrecks, it was definitely interesting.

redrobin34-
Pro
on: Jan 29, 10:17 am

That was a strange race. Larry had a healthy lead on me before he pitted for the 2nd time. I decided to go with fuel saving instead of pitting again. Ended the race with less than .1 in the tank. Thought for sure I would run out.

Would have been really interesting if Mike hadn't lost connection. We were running with each other. If we both went with fuel saving...would have been interesting. Pretty sure we both would have run out of fuel haha.

ldsisold
Pro
on: Jan 29, 02:27 pm

I actually only pitted once late in the race. I had calculated the fuel for a non-yellow race so had an amount I had to get down to before stopping to make sure the 1.59 gallons would get me to the end. If I had stopped on the yellow flag lap I would not have made the end. Only shot I had after Brian and I had contact on lap 2 ... and it looked like on the replay that "net code" had something to do with that as in my video we did not touch ... I just suddenly went around, with no damage and continued on. Brian somehow got enough damage he had to pit for repairs? Don't know.

Pterodacty-
l
Pro
on: Jan 29, 06:20 pm

Man that was a weird and frustrating race for me, as usual it seems.

I got a great start and there was some good battling going on for the first lap between Larry, Jon and I. On the oval near the start finish line I was running up on Larry who was up a lane. I went low and then not long after (on my screen and replay anyway) Larry came down across my nose and went spinning around. And then getting into turn one Jon slammed into the side of me pretty hard, and that's where I got the meatball flag. I don't think I had any damage from Larry. I'm not sure what happened with Jon, it almost looked like he broke way too late for the corner and I happened to be in the unfortunate position of playing the part of the guardrail. So I had to pit there after lap two.

I was able to get caught back up to the field on the pit stop. Since I was running basically last anyway I took fuel and tires and somehow gained two spots in the pit! Sweet! Then after the restart while trying not to Unsbee Jeremy into the grass I went across and spun off of Jon's nose and went off into the grass. Yep, back to last. Then later I hit the wall in turn one when I got distracted by the car off to the side and misjudged the turn. Back to the pits.

But then suddenly cars started dropping. And then I passed Jon as he was doing his best impression of a fly heading into an electric bug zapper. He seemed stuck pretty hard on a fence. Somehow, impossibly, I wound up third. Crazy.

CoopDeVill-
e
Pro
on: Jan 30, 08:06 am

That was a nutty race. I kinda liked it, except for the fact I had a poor result. Damn that fence!
Bryan, I did brake late on that corner early in the race which lead to our mutual hip check. Boy that was fun! Congrats Allen on the fuel sipping win.

Pages: 1 2 3