• Sun Oct, 21 @ 03:58 AM (pacific)
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: This is the old board, what are you doing here?!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Go! Go! Go!

NEW FORUM HERE >>> http://lzracing.com/forum/ <<<

Author Topic: (iRacing) Series 2- The McLaren Project 4 (Finished)  (Read 15101 times)

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
(iRacing) Series 2- The McLaren Project 4 (Finished)
« on: Sat Dec, 29 @ 05:04 PM (pacific) »
League page

LZRacing Teamspeak

Open to all, but members with iRatings 1200-2000 will feel most at home.

Schedule
  • Wednesdays  starting at @ 4pm Pacific
  • 4 hour session
  • Race starts at about 7pm Pacific

Format
  • 60M practice
  • 15M qualify
  • 45M race

Cars
  • McLaren MP4-12C GT3 (493HP @ 1,235kg/2722lbs)

Rules
  • Starts: Rolling
  • Fast Repairs: Unlimited
  • Full course cautions off

Tracks (Following the GTC)
  • (Done) Spa GP Pits 20 laps (Test race not counted toward series)
  • Feb 6th - Suzuka Grand Prix 23 laps
  • Circuit Zolder Grand Prix 30 laps
  • Watkins Glen Boot 26 laps
  • Silverstone Grand Prix 26 laps
  • Twin Ring Motegi GP 25 laps
  • Sebring International 23 laps
  • Indianapolis Road Course 34 laps
  • Brands Hatch Grand Prix 32 laps
  • Zandvoort Grand Prix 28 laps
  • Mosport 36 laps
  • Daytona Road 26 laps

GTC race session are 45 mins. I took 45 and divided it by world record times for the Ford GT (where available and guest on others) on these tracks to get #laps.

« Last Edit: Thu Apr, 18 @ 05:24 PM (pacific) by GT0 (Alex) »
Alex T @ iRacing http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=76831

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." -- Juan Manuel Fangio

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
Re: (iRacing) Series 2 McLaren MP4-12C
« Reply #1 on: Sun Dec, 30 @ 08:48 AM (pacific) »
I do find the mix races quite intimidating.  I am hoping thet they run the Mclaren as a spec series.
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I am just going to ask them where there goin', and hook up with them later. -  Mitch Hedburg

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #2 on: Wed Jan, 2 @ 10:00 AM (pacific) »
The mixed class does not bother me. Ain't scared.  :P

But I do think maybe we should consider running our league night like the TRD race we attended last night. There was a pretty good turn out and for a fairly unpopular car.

Maybe we should consider running it in the "open lobby" like that was, with the 3 short races. That was pretty fun. I don't know if we can carry that over to scoring in our league, but it might be worth looking into.

I do not fear the "open lobby" like I did in GT. In fact, every open hosted race I have attended was full of good drivers. There is definitely a different mindset from GT drivers to iRacing drivers and that really shows in the open races.

Imagine if we would host something similar with a very popular car (McLaren), it would be packed.

Just a thought I had. It may take more logistics, but may also boost our numbers quickly.
"If you ain't first, you're last"--Reese Bobby

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #3 on: Wed Jan, 2 @ 10:29 AM (pacific) »
We can easily try an experiment to see how it would go! I didn't get a chance to understand the format of the race last night but in the Mclaren there needs significant practice or it will be messy. That Jetta is very forgiving and you can bash it around an unknown tack without significant issue - and not even lose that much time doing it. For example I jumped in as a ghost and did ok with having never driven the car before. That would not happen in the Mclaren.
Alex T @ iRacing http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=76831

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." -- Juan Manuel Fangio

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #4 on: Wed Jan, 2 @ 11:11 AM (pacific) »
I did like that format last night it was a lot of fun.  I am pretty sure it was a tournament format.

I think whichever car we run it should follow the official race schedule.  I would like to be able to compete in the official series and get my irating moving. 

Lately I have been jumping from car to car, which is fun but not the best way to get faster. 

I like almost any car in this game so I am open to suggestions.  Having said that I am sure the Mclaren will be the most popular car in the upcoming season.

I'm sick of following my dreams.  I am just going to ask them where there goin', and hook up with them later. -  Mitch Hedburg

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #5 on: Wed Jan, 2 @ 11:30 AM (pacific) »
I am finding the same thing - I like all the cars. Every time I drive one for any length of time I start to really like it.

I am also pretty sure the McLaren will dominate the popularity of the next season.

Bring on the RUF.  ;D

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #6 on: Wed Jan, 2 @ 12:17 PM (pacific) »
It seems to be that they will be better able to simulate multi-class real world racing series better soon. Really looking forward to seeing next seasons schedule but realistically S2 2013 could be  atime for big changes.

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #7 on: Thu Jan, 3 @ 01:33 PM (pacific) »
There is now talk of next seasons schedules on the iracing forum.  Looks like every car will have an official race everyday!!!

Also Tony Gardiner has said there should be a lotus 49 race every 2 hours!!

I know that is a lot of exclamation points but it makes me happy! ;D

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #8 on: Fri Jan, 4 @ 09:22 AM (pacific) »
Did you find anything more specific than these comments:

"thinking of putting McLaren with DP"
"McLaren will also be GT series like now. "

and then talk of Mclaren in Grand Am.

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #9 on: Fri Jan, 4 @ 10:21 AM (pacific) »
no nothing more yet, looks like we are going to have to wait a couple of weeks.  I hope the McLaren is running fixed set-up though.

Clipless72

• Seņor Seniority
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Randy C.
« Reply #10 on: Fri Jan, 4 @ 12:19 PM (pacific) »
I am going to run that mclaren tonight for sure.  I would like to get in on an official race around 10pm est but we will see how the night plays out.

GTP_FastM3

• Steel
  • Call me Greg
« Reply #11 on: Mon Jan, 14 @ 07:18 PM (pacific) »
So it looks like the McLaren will be in 2 series next season. Any idea which series we would follow?  Personally I'd vote for GT Challenge for the simple fact there are no 80 min races. I have enough trouble with half hour in class D. I don't think I could ever finish a race without an interruption.   Both Grand Am and GT seem to have a nice selection of tracks
iRacing:  Greg O

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"  Mario Andretti

GT0 (Alex)

• Administrator
  • Graphene
« Reply #12 on: Mon Jan, 14 @ 10:29 PM (pacific) »
M3. I think we are hoping that the McLaren has its own series. If not we will chose to follow the one most of us plan to run. Till the next season's schedule is released I am not anyone knows yet. In any case we will follow the series track schedule but we can do whatever race length we would like.

What is your preference?

racecar73

• "His Highness"
  • Global Moderator
  • Graphene
  • Jeremy Wagner
« Reply #13 on: Tue Jan, 15 @ 07:02 AM (pacific) »
Definitely waiting to see what they have planned for next season.

Ideally, they will see the popularity of the McLaren and decide it is worthy of it's own series.

If not, we will probably run along with the GT Challenge Series.

GTP_FastM3

• Steel
  • Call me Greg
« Reply #14 on: Tue Jan, 15 @ 08:32 AM (pacific) »
The schedules are out. That's what I was referring to in my post. Look on the iRacing sight in the staff announcements section. It's in the Grand-am and GTC series.  I like the shorter races of the GTC better. I like the tracks about equally
« Last Edit: Tue Jan, 15 @ 01:48 PM (pacific) by GTP_FastM3 »
iRacing:  Greg O

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"  Mario Andretti