Layout Image

Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3
Author Topic: 2015 S1 Lets Jet!!

racecar73
Administrator
2015 S1 Lets Jet!!
on: Dec 17, 12:42 pm

Another new season upon us fellas!

2015 S1

Jetta

Running GTC Track schedule
Correct series weather
Standing start

60 min practice, 20 min qualifying, 40 min race

Fuel will be limited to 11% (roughly 1.5 gl). Pitting will be necessary.
There will be no restriction on the pit. Grab fuel and go or take tires and fuel. The choice is yours. You may pit during caution if there is one. (see below)

There will be random cautions. Some races will have them, some will not. May even have 2 in one race. They will not be at the exact half way point like they were before. They will be completely random and you will not know if you are getting one or when. During caution, there will be no wavebyes this time around.

This all experimental this time around. We are trying to add a little more strategy and randomness to the racing, the way racing goes. Sometimes it may hurt you, sometimes you may benefit. Hopefully it makes it fun and enjoyable for everyone.

With the holidays upon us, those races are scheduled for the Mondays of those weeks. Hope we can have everybody on those days.

Let's do this LZ!!

Wk1 12-17 Daytona Road

Wk2 12-22 Mid Ohio Full (Monday)

Wk3 12-29 Canadian Tire (Monday)

Wk4 01-07 Circuit Zolder

Wk5 01-14 Lime Rock Full

Wk6 01-21 Butthurts

Wk7 01-28 Charlotte Road

Wk8 02-04 Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve

Wk9 02-11 Road Atlanta Full

Wk10 02-18 Watkins Glen Boot

Wk11 02-25 Brands Hatch Grand Prix

Wk12 03-04 Laguna Seca

http://lzracing.com/series-10-2015-season-1-lets-jet-current/

Sloan
Ace
Re: 2015 S1 Lets Jet!!
on: Dec 17, 12:56 pm

Hey

Getting all jazzed up about runnin' the Jet!

Thanks for setting this up.

Get your diesel runnin'

S.

redrobin34-
Pro
on: Dec 17, 01:22 pm

Looking good. I like the new added twist with the random cautions. Can really change up a race. Looking forward to slapping this chick car around!

GT0 (Alex)
Administrator
on: Dec 17, 01:33 pm

Updated the series page

http://lzracing.com/series-10-2015-season-1-lets-jet-current/

racecar73
Administrator
on: Dec 17, 01:38 pm

Thx Alex!

racecar73
Administrator
on: Dec 17, 02:13 pm

Edited to add:

Forgot to mention we will have standing starts.

redrobin34-
Pro
on: Dec 17, 02:19 pm

The Snail Pack

GT0 (Alex)
Administrator
on: Dec 17, 05:45 pm

I am afraid to pilot this monster, rocketship of a car.

racecar73
Administrator
on: Dec 18, 09:18 am

That was a very good race at a really bad track for that car.

I think the next 2 tracks will be really good for this Jetta.

It did provide some very tight racing which is what we were hoping for this season. Probably one of our tightest races overall we have had.

Sloan and I slugged it out mid pack with me edging him out by .017 of a second at the line. Our average lap times were .001 of a second difference. The front pack was within striking distance the whole race.

The random caution worked to perfection last night, with all of us pitting at that time. I picked up 3 positions in the pits by getting in and out clean. I think this was a good example of what it can add if it is done right.
Really added some randomness to the race.

Welcome Doug, hope to see you back. Hopefully we didn't scare you off!

redrobin34-
Pro
on: Dec 18, 12:38 pm

Great race and one hell of a finish!

The random caution was great. Although I completely butchered it! Racing out of the pits to the line was intense. The 2nd stint was some good hard racing.

She may not be pretty. She may be slow. But she surely can put on a good show.

ldsisold
Pro
on: Dec 18, 04:31 pm

Just looking at the data from last night and discovered why I ran out of fuel (besides talent). I stopped early (lap 7) under green and asked for 1.2 gallons. I had .7 gallons in the tank. I assumed I would have 1.9 gallons when I departed pit road .... not so! I had 1.595 gallons which was the starting fuel and not enough to run the remaining laps. So as a result I ran short. The fuel restriction, I found out, applies all the time. In this case I should have gone to lap 9 in order to make it work.

Coop
Pro
on: Dec 18, 10:34 pm

That was an awesome first race of the season! I was sweating and stressing the whole time with us bumper to bumper start to finish. Larry, it was a real shame to see you spin out half way through and then run out of gas later on. It was so much fun battling you, Bryan (jesus you is fast in this car!), Jeff, Randy and Allen. That finish was epic! I will post some pics of the action. Good racing guys! Doug, it was good to have you join us. I hope you had fun.

If you don't go for it at every corner of every lap, what's the point?!

Pterodacty-
l
Pro
on: Dec 19, 10:31 am

That was freaking crazy. Man, I really ended up enjoying the race in this car.
I only found speed because people were battling so hard. It kept them from getting too far away.

Before the pit stop I really paid the price for being tentative into turn one. In one turn I went from running second to fourth or fifth. I got bounced into a couple of times and just before the caution my wheel was a little off center. The car didn't feel too bad, but it wasn't right in the bus stop, where the damage was the most noticeable.

I was too far forward in my pit stall so I didn't really gain much there, but while sitting there I decided that tentative just wasn't going to cut it in this car. From there on out I went after it. You really can bang these things around a decent amount. I fought back to the front after getting a massive run out of the bus stop. I had a huge head of steam and there were cars battling everywhere so I stayed down on the apron and ended up in third, right behind Jon with Larry on the outside. Going into one there was about 3/4 of a car length between Jon and I with Larry in second on the outside of the turn Suddenly Larry is coming across my nose right at the apex of the turn and before I know it he's sideways. I stayed in the gas rather than stop and get run over by everyone else on my bumper and basically emerged unscathed. I do feel bad, but man he came right out of nowhere and was sideways before I could really do much of anything about it.

It was so intense after that. Jon and I fought hard and on the last lap we even bounced off each other on the straight, shutting the door hard on Alan. .033 between him and I. Crazy!!

redrobin34-
Pro
on: Dec 19, 12:56 pm

Those seas parted and quickly closed after I got my nose in there and was 100% committed. Think I learned a thing or 2 from it.

Rookie
on: Dec 19, 09:43 pm

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I had a blast.
Got caught up in others' drama, but that's TC racing.
Heading out of town for the holidays; back in time for Zolder!

Pages: 1 2 3